We stayed at The Malmaison for a weekend Christmas shopping trip in a superior double room. We were allocated room 305, which is at the front of the hotel overlooking Piccadilly station. The room was spacious and nicely decorated - everything is black and red in the Moulin Rouge theme that runs through the hotel. Check in was swift and the hotel bar was packed - the bar and accompanying 'Smoak' restaurant being very new additions to the hotel. The hotel is well placed for both travel and shopping - around a 10 minute walk sees you to the Arndale Centre and all that Manchester has to offer. We had a continental room service breakfast on Sunday, which was delivered in lovely wicker backets containing 3 x pastries, a yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereal and various jams. My only issue with the room was that it was a bit noisy - getting to sleep on Friday night in between all the late night shouting, buses and the odd siren was a bit of a challenge and were I to stay again I would ask for a room at the rear of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel