We booked for one night in Feb at a greatley reduced rate from the actual price of booking direct and would do this again as the room was just as it said on the ad, we expected to be stuffed in the broom cupbard with such a good discount, but the room was grand very large and roomy with plenty of space. The bed was massive a superking size bed when the ad said large double i wasnt expecting a 6ft bed, yes the mattress was a little hard but pocket sprung and having to service so many over time i would it rather be that than lumpy. Sletp like a log and didnt hear a sound from the rooms on either side, which was a blessing as im a lite sleeper,best nights sleep ive ever had in any hotel. Yes the duvet could have been bigger but with the heating on it wasnt of much use as we were both warm.
The black ash furniture is looking a littel tired as it does in time but loved the whole look of the Hotel, the room, lifts are very tight and dark not great when you feel clausrphobic.
Mini bar prices are rather steep at £3 for crisps bear and sprits were extorisonate and only 1 packet of complimenty bisciuts was tight, but the use of quality products such as Taylors of Harrogate are a great touch.
love the dare you touch on the complementry bath room products made me chuckle and thought why not ! again nice products.
Location was great less than 5 mins walk from the rail way station and a taxi rank outside.
Didnt hear any nosie from outside to say that is one on Manchesters very busy roads at all hours.
We will defo stay there again even if its at full price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel