Stayed for one night at Malmaison Manchester. Booked on line an 'executive' room which according to the confirmation comes with the 'over sized mal toiletries'. Upon check in, and entry to the room, and having stayed at this and a number of other malmaisons, the room appeared to be very much a standard room, furthermore the 'mal' toiletries were not oversized but standard size. I spoke to the reception re this and was advised that the room allocated was an 'executive' room - however I was hard pressed to tell any difference. Re the toiletries I was told by reception that they only have the one size, which of course they don't as I have previously stayed in other malmaisons and had the larger versions as described - upon this they said they would try and get some additional bottles sent to the room, however this unfortunately never materialised. It's a small detail, but when it is expected as part of what has been booked, paid for and confirmed it is diss appointing that it isn't fulfilled, and can take the edge off the experience. On the positive side the hotel is well located and the rooms nice and quiet and clean, with good tea and coffee in the rooms and stocked mini bars. It can be a but difficult to see where the hotel is as the branding is minimal, with the name if the restaurant and bar taking greater prominence. The bar itself is somewhat unusual but it has a nice atmosphere and was nicely busy with people eating and drinking. Overall it is a good hotel and I would go back. The actual 'mal' toiletries are excellent and some of the best in the business, from Aaran Aromatics in Scotland, making it dissapointing this element wasn't fully delivered as expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel