I’ve always wanted to stay at Malmaison and was lucky enough to book in at a great price two months prior to my stay, so good in fact that the Premier Inn was coming up more expensive! Hotel is in a great location for the station, shops and Northern Quarter bars, just a few minutes’ walk away. There is no parking at the hotel but we pulled in to the side street next to the hotel, where there is on street parking, while we unloaded the car. On arrival in to the hotel there was a slight queue at reception, noticeable throughout our stay, but we didn’t have to wait too long. I guess it shows how popular the hotel is. Reception staff were very friendly and informative.
We were given a great room, slightly bigger than I had expected and the better out of several that we booked. Bathroom was a good size with a very powerful shower and the room had all the comforts that I’d expect. The body lotion and shower gel smell amazing and are now in my bathroom at home! As the decor uses a lot of black there did seem to be a bit of dust, particularly in the bathroom, but this does happen with that colour so I wouldn’t say the rooms weren’t clean. No problem with noise even though the hotel is on a busy road and I slept really well. Found a sock in one of the cupboards! But all in all the room was very very nice.
We used the spa during our stay and it was really fantastic, situated in the basement it is dimly lit and very inviting. Wonderful relaxing treatments that left my skin so soft, and loved using the massage chairs. Highly recommended. We had a few drinks in the Smoak bar- glasses of wine were a bit on the expensive side I thought, and staff automatically added on a tip, but i really liked the style of the bar. I can see why some regulars feel this style doesn’t fit with the Malmaison theme but they shouldn’t worry about that and just enjoy it!
We didn’t eat at the hotel as had other plans but with so many great restaurants and bars to choose from you won’t be stuck for choice. My sister lives in Manchester and we went to some really great places-Jamie’s Italian, Room, Trof, The Alchemist, Livingroom and The Oast House to name a few. Breakfast at Home Sweet Home is the best, amazing milkshakes! All worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel