We were looking forward to staying at the Mal in Manchester. We've stayed in other Mal hotels and enjoyed the experience. However, Manchester really need to up their game and make big improvements on customer service. As we were part of a large wedding party, we had been told by the planner that we could all check in at 12pm. However, after checking back at reception dozens of times, we finally got into our room at 5pm!! This didn't give us much time to get ready!
It wouldn't have been so bad waiting if we were relaxed in the bar area. Sadly, the staff in the bar & restaurant area were so rude! They don't look happy in their jobs and spoke to customers with an irritated tone. When I placed an order I was told they were very busy so I'd have to wait!! At breakfast in the morning the rolls had mold on them and the rest of the food was overcooked or undercooked (not to mention we had to wait for 1 hour 50 mins to get breakfast in the first place)!!
The rooms are small, but very clean and comfy. The funtion staff and private funtion rooms were lovely. Shame the rest of the experience let it down. A large number of people were complaining at reception the following day at check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel