“Nice hotel”

Ranked #32 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Chorley, England
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel would be ideal for a new couple, or those looking for a romantic gettaway. The decor is designed for that purpose, with its black, reds & pinks.

The room we were given, had no view, it faced a wall. I rang reception & they immediatley found us a different room. We were very pleased.

They had a cosy bar and resturaunt.

There were plenty facilities in the rooms. The staff were helpful & polite.

Its located close to other resturaunts, shops etc

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view so that you dont get put down the side where most rooms face a wall.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahfox0
Craig R, Manager at Malmaison Manchester, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased that you had an overall positive experience and that the initial problem with the room was quickly resolved. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Indonesian first
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here for one night only, on business. After arriving late in the evening after a long journey from London, I was delighted to be greeted with an upgrade to an executive room. Excellent tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a luxurious bathroom with great toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and, all in all, the room gets my top marks. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for breakfast. The food was of decent enough quality, but the service terribly slow. The main course had to be ordered (not good if you are working to time) and the tea and toast, too, had to be requested. The usual story these days of not enough staff to cover a large dining room.

I'd go back - but I'd make sure that I got up earlier for breakfast.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that the breakfast service let down what seemed to be an otherwise positive stay. I will addres the issue with the Restaurant Manager. If you do decide to stay again, please contact me directly on 0161 2781000 and I'll happily look after all aspects of your reservation personally.

Duty Maager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on our wedding night and the service was second to none. The suite was beautiful, we had champagne and flowers on our arrival. The staff really made us feel special and couldn't do enough for us. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

How lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Many congratulations on your recent marriage! Maybe we'll get the opportunity to welcome you back for your first anniversary.

Bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We've stayed here before a few years ago and really enjoyed it so thought we would give it another go. We were a little apprehensive with some of the recent Poor reviews posted on here
but we went with open minds and a positive approach.

Fantastic location for reaching everything quickly in Manchester centre. Check-in was warm and welcoming; few issues with our first room but we were quickly moved so no real problem there. The main highlight for me was the shower. OMG! It was amazing. I could have stayed in there all day but got concerned for the planet after about 5 minutes!!

Few little niggles to report but nothing really major:-
* Lighting in the bathroom could have been a lot better as my husband struggled to see himself shaving and I struggled apply my make-up
* Bed was very very firm...in fact, I would say hard so I could not have lasted much longer than 2 nights
* Breakfast on day one was very poor...first it was very undercooked so we sent it back only to have it returned burnt to a crisp. Not great.

On the whole, Malmaison do really care about their customers and were very quickly to act on certain issues. We felt well looked after and would like to return again in the near future.

Thanks guys!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lissybubs
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will certainly raise the issues you have mentioned with the appropriate head of department. I am very pleased however that any issues you did have were responded to and quickly resolved. And if you visit again, treat yourself yo an extra five minutes in the shower. . I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is my first time staying at part of this chain. I was very much looking forward to my stay as we were there to see Bruce Springsteen.

We weren't disappointed. I suppose it's fair to say we didn't spend much time at the hotel, however the facilities were good, clean and modern. We did try to get some food at the hotel after the gig but were told the kitchens were closed and we were directed to a Subway up the road.....

The room was lovely with a massive bed and the shower facilities were superb. I would recommend this hotel for staying centrally in Manchester.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. It's great to hear you had an enjoyable time and I hope you enjoyed the concert. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are thinking of visiting again. I'm sure you'll enjoy exploring the other Malmaison hotel's too.

Invercargill, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in the Malmaison in Manchester in May 2012, and found it to be very good. the service was great , the staff friendly and helpful, and after reading a few negative comments about the restaurant make-over we were very impressed with the result . The only minor fault we found was that the area where the elevators are was very dark, and as an oldie this was a nuisance.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 59TRISH
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review. I see that you had come quite a distance to be with us! I'm glad you had a great time even if the dark ambience wasn't to your liking. I hope you had a safe journey back to New Zealand.

Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Fantastic hotel, excellent quality and rooms of a very high standard. Drinks a bit expensive but go out the hotel and theres plenty of bars.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad that the style of the hotel was to your liking. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you wish to book again.