I stayed here with my partner for our anniversary on the 2nd November for one night while we had tickets for Ed Sheeran at the Apollo. The location of the hotel is fab, walking distance from the city centre shops and picadilly train station. We had stayed before so knew to expect a lovely stay but this visit far surpassed even our expectations. We absolutely love the decor of the hotel, perfect for a romantic break! We stayed in the Junior Executive Suite (Room 408) and booked the Love Suite Love package. We were checked in efficiently on reception by a lovely woman and took our bags up to the room. When we walked in we were greeted by a large living area, nicely decorated with a big comfy corner sofa and foot stool facing a flat screen tv, and cupboards containing a dvd player, mini bar and i pod docking station. Off to the right of this room was the bathroom which had an average sized bath, a plentiful stock of toiletries and the biggest shower i've ever seen with a massive round shower head. Around the sink they had scattered rose petals which was a lovely touch. We then went through to the bedroom and were pleased to see a HUGE (and v.comfortable) bed with rose petals placed on it. On one side of this was a large dressing table and a well lit large mirror. On the dressing table was a bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses chilling and an array of strawberries dipped in chocolate and a sprinkling of icing sugar - delicious! On the other side of the bed was a good sized bedside table and next to that a table and comfy armchair. There was also a double fitted wardrobe with comfy bathrobes and slippers for us to use, as well as a safe, coffee and tea facilities and other little touches such as wipes to clean shoes, etc. Air con worked well and wasn't too noisy. View from the room was great from all angles. There was a full length mirror on the inside of the door. We had already made arrangements to eat out but we did order room service when we got in late at night (beans on toast, cheese on toast) which were £6.00 each but this is a typical amount to pay for room service and the food was lovely. We also got a free cocktail at the bar as part of the package we bought which we took advantage of when we returned to the hotel after the concert. We both had a woo woo, I also had a raspberry amaretto sour and my partner had a frozen strawberry daiquiri - all were beautiful! I have seen reviews that mention bar staff being surly but we found them to be the total opposite! Excellent service even at a very busy time. The girl who served us was on her first shift but we found her to be friendly, helpful and efficient! Checkout the next morning was painless, again very helpful staff on reception, eager to know how they could have improved our stay and gave us a thorough breakdown of the total cost. We paid £290 overall for our stay including snacks and drinks and it was worth every penny. Thank you very much for making our anniversary so perfect! We will be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel