We stayed here for my husbands birthday in a standard room. Our welcome was warm and friendly. The room was very classy. No street noise which was good for a city center hotel on the 2nd floor. Loved the little extras like the toiletries, tea ad coffee etc. Free wi-fi, DVD player so make sure you take some DVD's, snacks, mini bar... there was everything you needed and the chic decor made it feel like somewhere really special. Air con a tad noisy and I suppose a bit of mould was round the shower area but you could hardly notice the mould as the shower knocked your socks off.
Breakfast in the Smoak restuarant was excellent, spoilt for choice and really recommend it even if you are not staying there. It was really good.
Check out was pain free and they couldn't do enough for us. Offering to validate parking and hold luggage. First class customer service. Really looking forward to going back.
** One complaint - £8.50 for a glass of wine in the bar is a little rich for my blood, take a bottle with you **
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel