“Chic, swanky and nice little touches....”

Malmaison Manchester
Ranked #34 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
warrington
“Chic, swanky and nice little touches....”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here for my husbands birthday in a standard room. Our welcome was warm and friendly. The room was very classy. No street noise which was good for a city center hotel on the 2nd floor. Loved the little extras like the toiletries, tea ad coffee etc. Free wi-fi, DVD player so make sure you take some DVD's, snacks, mini bar... there was everything you needed and the chic decor made it feel like somewhere really special. Air con a tad noisy and I suppose a bit of mould was round the shower area but you could hardly notice the mould as the shower knocked your socks off.
Breakfast in the Smoak restuarant was excellent, spoilt for choice and really recommend it even if you are not staying there. It was really good.
Check out was pain free and they couldn't do enough for us. Offering to validate parking and hold luggage. First class customer service. Really looking forward to going back.
** One complaint - £8.50 for a glass of wine in the bar is a little rich for my blood, take a bottle with you **

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, both for business and on a weekend away.

The first thing to say is that the service is excellent, very friendly and helpful staff - the iron in my room was broken and was replaced in 10 minutes, room service within 15 minutes and an iphone charger in 10 mins as well.

Try to get a room not facing the street, as the Manchester party crowd can be a little noisy.

The bar is good, if a little busy and noisy. The breakfast was also really good - good value at £14.95.

The rooms are a little dark for me, (like all Malmaison rooms), but they are a decent size.

All in all, a good hotel with excellent service - just a little pricey for Manchester.

Room Tip: Not facing the station/street.
1 Thank CameronTLondon
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

The hotel location was spot on, reception staff very helpful and accommodating rooms were ok, now the bar staff, rude rude and rude, waiting for a waiter is like watching paint dry, when aventually we got a drink I,d lost the will to live, paying the bill was even worse.... Please take my money! The young looking guy behind the bar repeatedly kept on ignoring me! Eventually when I told him very firmly I was leaving,with a face like he was going to cry took my money.....plenty other good hotel in Manchester that want my custom .

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Grinding
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here on 31/08 in an executive room through secret escapes. The room was great and staff really friendly. We ate out at night but we had breakfast included which was divine. My wife had the waffles which I wish I had when I saw them and I had the big mal breakfast both were excellent Would defiantly stay again

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

i stayed here overnight while seeing Iron Maiden at the MEN arena, the staff were very helpful, and barely grumbled while we propped the bar up till 4am, they even played out choice in music and brought us snacks of olives etc every now and then. The Hotel is fairly central, and the MEN was about 10 mins walking distance. The only grumble i had was parking - as they don't have their own car park i used the nearest multi story which was literally 100 yrds away... and was told the hotel would stamp my ticket, i thought this meant free parking, but it didnt and cost around £15. I can't comment on as i didnt use any hotel facilities and barely used the bed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank beatroutedisco
East Midlands, UK
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We had one night here when coming up to Manchester to see The Killers. Loved the room and all facilities. Staff were very friendly.
Breakfast was disappointing however - quality of food was good but the cooked food obviously sat on the hot press for too long and service was slow. We had to ask for toast four times and in the end go and ask for it at the desk! A one off I hope.
All in all however it is a fantastic hotel and I would stay again no problem.

1 Thank BJT_9000
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at the Manchester Malmaison with my girlfriend whilst seeing Elbow in concert at Jodrell Bank. The location was great, a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly station, and Piccadilly Gardens is 5 minutes in the other direction.

The room was very comfortable - the bed was massive! The en suite was great as well, with an amazing shower. Room very clean.

The biggest plus was the service. We arrived back at the hotel at 2am completely soaked by a Manchester downpour. The receptionist welcomed us back and we got chatting. After telling him about our disastrous journey back from the concert he offered us a free night cap at the bar! Not only that but he offered us a late check out and breakfast delivered to the room... brilliant!

The only slliiiight downside was my cooked breakfast was disappointing and quite small for the price, I've had heartier breakfasts! Having said that I have allergies to eggs and nuts so perhaps they were being over-cautious with some of their ingredients. Other places have given me replacements (extra sausage or something) when I can't have certain things, though.

Overall, a classy place which was very comfortable. It's the little things that quite often make a place, and the service received by the receptionist at night will live long in the memory.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple