Reception is dark but not as dark as Hollister for example. The seating in front of reception is quite awkward and makes it difficult to tell just by looking who is in the queue, but these are very minor details. Reception staff were polite and fast. The double room was very nice. It was clean and comfortable. Off the top of my head the room contained: ironing board, iron, hairdryer, safe, fridge, television, [kettle, tea (a few varieties), coffee, hot chocolate, the sugars, & milks, biscuits, tray], reading touch lamp on desk, dvd player.
The view from the room was terrible but I was there on business and didn't care at all. The room was well lit. The bathroom was clean with generous amounts of shower gel, conditioner, body lotion etc. It had a very large shower head up above, and a movable shower head on the wall. Very easy to use and good drainage (wet room as opposed to shower unit). Two mats provided (rubber and towel).
Just to make it clear for anybody wondering, there is no kitchenette. You cannot cook food in the room and there is no microwave. I did not eat in the restaurant and can't comment on it.
The only negative comments are, 1) there's a door (locked) to the next room, meaning I could hear them if they coughed etc. I prefer more privacy than just a door between rooms. 2) It was quite noisy outside. My room must have been above the rear of a bar or something because I could hear empty bottles being put into bins etc. late at night, and it was quite noisy too (I don't think the windows are double glazed).
The hotel is literally a two minute walk from Manchester Picadilly Station, probably the handiest hotel to it. Good location. I would go back even for a city break -- I will be back on business next December and I will request my business books me in Malmaison again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel