Stayed here just before New Year, and was plesantly surprised by the location... Didn't realise how central is was located... close to all amenities we needed. Opposite the train station, up the road to the shops, pubs and a range of eating places which I'd highly recommend you didn't visit!! The Smoke bar & grill was superb although slightly expensive, the food choice was really good and the cocktails varied and fabulous..
Then we get to the service... allowed us to check in early and then upgraded us to a corner suite.. I can honestly say it was the best Ive ever stayed in (in the UK), spacious, clean and brilliant drench shower..
We never tried the breakfast as we were too full from the night before and we never received the free compilmentary newspaper (which we've get to get in any Mal hotel) but can fully recommend every other part of the hotel..
THANK YOU Leon for making it a memorable trip.. we will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel