I stayed here last week when was visiting Manchester for work. I come here a lot but haven't stayed at the Mal for years. On arrival the frontdesk had no record of my business booking despite my company having emailed and paid for the room. So I had to give them my credit card.
Once in my tiny and odd-shaped room I was disappointed to find it was very dusty and a large cobweb in the bathroom. I was so tired and it was late I just fell into bed. The next morning as I made a cup of tea I found the spoon covered in a thick fur of dust. I'd requested a late check-out til 2pm and added the 'Do not disturb' to my door as was doing some work on my laptop. From 12-1pm I had THREE knocks at the door from staff asking me when I was leaving. I also had no room service menu to order breakfast or lunch from (so didn't bother!)
Overall I find this hotel dated and not in keeping with the rest of the Malmaison/Hotel Du Vin chain. I was disappointed with this visit and despite being told my the front desk that they would upgrade me on my next visit I won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel