I booked this trip as part of a Thomas Cook football package because it was close to the Manchester Picadilly train station. It was a very short walk, I'd say two minutes from when we first exit, easily identfiable by the big restaurant sign of The Smoak. Once we got in there, it was dark and loud, a lounge atmosphere, something I haven't been very accustomed to for a long time. It didn't bother me too much, except for the fact that I looked like a college backpacker and everyone else in the restaurant was dressed up for a Saturday evening out. I checked in and got my room on the 2nd floor.
Our room was well equipped, spacious and clean. Lovely rainshower and full size bathtub. A decent sized flat screen tv, refreshments of tea bags, coffee bags, hot chocolate and a tea kettle. A minibar stashed with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks was also available.
Breakfast was included as part of our package. It was quite decent with an breakfast entree of hot food, drinks including both juice, tea, coffee and unlimited access to the continental breakfast bar of croissants, pastries, and cereals.
For shopping, it is a 10 minute stroll to Arndale shopping centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel