Malmaison Manchester
  • Bar/Lounge
Monroes Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,725 results
All reviewscorner suitepiccadilly stationmini barbuilding worksuperior roomcooked breakfastan upgradebirthday treatreception staffcity centrecomfy bedhotel barlovely roomsaturday nightnorthern quarterstayed for one nightcanal street
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I tend to stay here when I visit Manchester for work and, to be honest, a lot of that has to do with the location. Its extremely close to the station. Got to say that I am now staying there because it's a great hotel. Really nice welcome. Excellent bar staff and brilliant food. I can't recommend this hotel more highly.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MattHaydock
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed in jan 2014 for 2 nights. The room was lovely and very clean. We got an upgrade on our room which was a treat thank you! We had dinner in the restaurant the first night which was lovely. Food and service was amazing. It was out anniversary so they made it special for us. The restaurant manager (blonde hair lady) and other staff were fantastic. Breakfast was also amazing!! We had drinks in the bar area both nights they do amazing cocktails. Thanks to all the malmaison staff for making our stay so great. X

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancé a few Sundays ago for a late birthday celebration for myself.
It was relatively quiet as it was quite late when we checked in so the lovely girl on reception had plenty of time to chat to us about the hotel facilities and wish me happy birthday!! (Nice touch!)
When we got up to our room, we noticed the manager had put us a bottle of bubbles on ice, compliments of herself with a card for my birthday, even nicer touch!!
The room itself was amazing!! Huge deep plunge pool mid room, fab waterfall shower, the softest bed in the world, they even had very cheeky take away toiletries-'get jiggy with the figgy' lush!
After enjoying a relax in the lounge area of the suit, we headed down for dinner. We are local to manchester and know how fantastic the cocktails are in the bar so stopped of to samples few off the menu before the restaurant. As expected, they tasted Devine!! The staff even made us one or two not on the actual menu! Really great service! The bar staff are always smiling, helpful, and we even got a visit off one during diner to ensure I was enjoying the latest cocktail he sent over!!! Brilliant!
Dinner finished off the experience. A young lady called Sam served us, professional, efficient, friendly!
Food was fab, the Seabass cooked to perfection, crispy skin, great flavours, my fiancé's steak was the same!
I wish we had had enough room for the chocolate fondant for afters, but that will have to wait til next time!
The rest of the evening was a bit of a blur with the champs and plunge pool but what a fantastic (belated) birthday I had!! (Thanks to checkout staff for noticing our fragility and whispering check out!)
Over all, wouldn't have expected less from my favourite place in Manchester!!! Great service, cheeky surroundings, fab staff, great food and cocktails! Thank you again teamMal and roll on mothers day!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My friend and I went to Malmaison Manchester a few weeks ago on a late Saturday afternoon, the bar and reception area was very busy, and later the restaurant!
We were greeted by very friendly bar staff who couldn't be more helpful, we had specifically gone to try the different cocktails and to have dinner there, and wasn't disappointed. The bar staff took time to describe the various cocktails and were patient with us whilst we made our choices. They were rushed off their feet, but were helpful and polite at all times. We had a lovely meal and returned to the bar area which had become unbelievably busy, yet again the bar staff took time to enquire how our meal had been and proceeded to serve us drinks.
The bar manager and staff were extremely busy, however, the service they delivered was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing, we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

4 of us stayed in two rooms on a Fri & Sat night.

Reception - Excellent. Polite, friendly and prompt.

Hotel Areas - Great. Low light ambience in keeping with the Malmaison themes.

Rooms - Great. We had an Executive room which was large enough for two. Mini bar, safe, ironing board, toiletries, TV, iPod Dock. Bathroom was large and the only very slight disappointment was that the shower was in the bath as we prefer a walk in shower/wet room.

Room Service - Food Good (hot). It took around 39-40 mins to deliver. £3.00 charge. Food cost was too expensive though.

Breakfast - Very disappointing due to very poor staff. Polite enough but low standards verging on incompetent, unfortunately. This is an area that needs vastly improved!!

Bar Area - Drinks were great and reasonably priced for a city centre hotel. Again, another (young) member of staff was poor and had to return to our table 3 times to confirm our routine order of only two cocktails. Took quite a while for drinks to arrive and it wasn't very crowded at the time. Seating area is great with very comfy sofas or stools and high tables.

Checkout - Slow!! As expected, Sunday checkouts are busy however, the queue and process time was unacceptably slow. Once served, the reception staff were great (as usual) but they need to implement a faster way. Express checkout? Key drop?

Overall - As you would expect from Malmaison. The location is great and the customer service, on the whole is great. Much work/training is required for some of the young Breakfast waiting staff and young bar staff.

Will I return? Probably however, I could perhaps have spent £300 for a two night stay slightly better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple