My 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Malmaison Manchester to go to see One Direction!
I don't know Manchester at all - so was nervous about finding it - but as you can see it as you step out of Piccadilly Station - it was perfect!
The central location meant we could get some shopping in before heading off to the gig. We walked to and from the Etihad - which was a straightforward walk and took just over half an hour.
We had room service for tea as we got ready - which was quick, reasonably priced and hot (a bugbear is room service meals in hotels that have obviously sat around before being delivered!!) My only minor complaint were that the hand cut chips were just mass produced fries (Malmaison Birmingham does way better chips!!!)
The room was a bit noisy overnight (even with post OneD ears ringing!) but I guess that's what you get for such a central location (e.g. sirens / revellers!)
Breakfast was fab - for a 10 year old girl, and a 42 year old older girl!!
All in all a great stay. Just sad the One Direction boys stayed at The Lowry instead!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel