“Fantastic overnight stay with dinner”

Malmaison Manchester
Ranked #32 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic overnight stay with dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of the Sunday Stopover deal on the website and as it is such a good deal on its own i was not expecting to be so impressed with every other aspect of our stay. We arrived the afternoon before my girlfriends birthday amd were given a complimentary upgrade and 2 free cocktail vouchers. As i had brought a birthday cake the blonde receptionist was so helpful with regards to taking the cake without my girlfriend seeing and having it presented at dinner later that evening. At dinner our waitress Hayley was so attentive and made some great recommendations from the menu and special dishes. All of the restaurant staff presented the birthday cake and sang happy birthday to my girlfriend which was a great end to a lovely meal. Staying again at the Malmaison in London in July and already cannot wait if it is anything like this stay! Thank you to all the staff at Malmaison Manchester.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Markdog85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Indonesian first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Malmaison Manchester to go to see One Direction!
I don't know Manchester at all - so was nervous about finding it - but as you can see it as you step out of Piccadilly Station - it was perfect!
The central location meant we could get some shopping in before heading off to the gig. We walked to and from the Etihad - which was a straightforward walk and took just over half an hour.
We had room service for tea as we got ready - which was quick, reasonably priced and hot (a bugbear is room service meals in hotels that have obviously sat around before being delivered!!) My only minor complaint were that the hand cut chips were just mass produced fries (Malmaison Birmingham does way better chips!!!)
The room was a bit noisy overnight (even with post OneD ears ringing!) but I guess that's what you get for such a central location (e.g. sirens / revellers!)
Breakfast was fab - for a 10 year old girl, and a 42 year old older girl!!
All in all a great stay. Just sad the One Direction boys stayed at The Lowry instead!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked this overnight stay for my boyfriend's birthday and as a treat booked a spa treatment for both of us for the afternoon.

This was all done online and I must say the correspondence from the spa was brilliant. I booked the couples holistic treatment and also asked for champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries to be made available at the time of treatments.

We arrived on a Wednesday and the hotel was buzzing!! Couldn't believe how busy it was for midweek. I booked us in and was hoping to get an upgrade to a suite as I had chosen this as an option(if available on check in) online and thinking it would be fairly quiet mid-week thought I would have no issues getting this.

Unfortunately all the rooms were booked but I had already paid for an executive room which I knew would be nice anyway.
The man on reception gave us 2 complimentary cocktail vouchers for the bar as it was my boyfriend’s birthday which was nice of him.

We have stayed at the Liverpool Mal on several occasions and Manchester is very similar.
It's quite dark and low lit through the corridors which I personally like but I know some people have issues with the lighting and not being able to see where they are going!

The room was as expected, spotlessly clean and comfortable.

We were booked into the spa for treatments at 4pm but could go and use the facilities anytime so we went down around 2.30pm.

We were shown the changing rooms and lockers and got changed into the towelling robes provided and just chilled out in the sauna and steam room and on the massage chairs while drinking champagne and eating strawberries :)

We had our treatments which by the way were fantastic. I would have to say the best massage I've had. Both therapists were very friendly and informative at explaining the treatments.

After the massages we were given leaflets explaining what products had been used - these were available to buy but there was certainly no pressure to do so.

We had our cocktail in the bar and as we were booked in elsewhere for a meal did not get the chance to have dinner here so can't comment on that.

Room was quiet overnight and we slept well, all was fine with the shower and toilet and all in good working order.

Breakfast was a buffet style continental and then anything cooked is available and ordered separately.

I would definitely stay here again as we were made to feel welcome and all staff were friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had been here once before and really enjoyed our stay, but thought there was room for improvement. Our second visit was brilliant, and I would now really recommend this hotel.
Its location was perfect for us (5 minutes from Canal Street) and really close to Manchester City centre.
The hotel is dark and romantic and the rooms are perfectly equipped and comfortable.
The breakfast menu is great with plenty to chose from - get in early though as it gets really busy!
I would recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend break or a business trip, and we will stay there again when we next go to Manchester.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife booked us in for a night for my birthday as a treat, we stayed in a corner suite which was spacious, well kitted out......and as we got a good deal on an upgrade well worth the money!
We enjoyed a few drinks in the bar before dinner and were served by a really friendly and engaging female bartender (forgotten her name but she was great!), my wife is quite picky and she made a great cocktail recommendation.
We ate in SMOAK, which was a little over rated and over priced to be honest, although the staff were great. We both opted for the Louisiana Burger which was huge and featured my favourite thing in the whole world....Peanut Butter. A few more drinks and off to bed, we didn't get to have breakfast as we had to be up and out for work/the school run. We had a great experience and the staff were the best part, a credit to the brand in fact, the decor is cool and the bedrooms as you would expect - I just feel the place is a little over priced all round, if we hadn't got a great deal on an upgrade we wouldn't have stayed as you can get better value for your money elsewhere in town.

Great hotel though, well worth spending the money for a treat, definitely would stay again if a good deal came along!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Malmaison Manchester for one night, as we were there to visit Old Trafford and se Manchester United game.
You really have everything you need in this hotel, the food is amazing, the bar is incredible and the service like all the other Malmaison hotels, is outstanding. A must return to hotel.

Stayed April 2014
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited just over 2 months ago. We stayed in a deluxe cinema suite and it was very good! Well worth the extra charge! We ate in the restaurant which was very very good, the bar area was really good as well!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple