We stay at Malmaison Belfast on a regular basis and it is the most atmospheric, exciting hotel you could wish for. If you want to propose, celebrate an anniversary or just visit Belfast (which is a pretty happening place these days) this is the place to stay. The staff fall over themselves to help, the chef is a genius and even a standard room is luxurious. So, when we wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary what better place? We didnt have the time to travel to Belfast, so we settled on Malmaison Manchester. Oh dear. We stayed in the Moulin Rouge suite which is very cutting edge interiors (and actually a lot of fun). It was the next morning when we pulled the enormous, heavy and dust-filled curtains back that we fully appreciated the room we had spent £395 (exluding breakfast!) on. It was FILTHY. Girls, we know how long it takes to accumulate that depth of dust, that layer of grease on the furniture, don't we? Of course we complained. Five days later we received a letter from Malmaison Manchester- it was a bill for some apple juice we had from the mini-bar, oh...and some things we hadn't. No letter of apology, no refund, nothing. I have just got off the phone after a conversation with the duty manager. He did say sorry. Refund? Dream on. But 'if there is anything we can do in the future when you stay...'
AS IF we would stay there again! So, remember people- a chain of hotels does not mean they are all going to be of the same standard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mal Manchester: In the home of the beautiful game you're about to turn Moulin Rouge. A short trundle for wheel-based luggage from Piccadilly Station and you're at the Mal - somewhere in the mists between Paris and the 24-hour party city. You cross the chessboard reception and suddenly you're a king for the knight. It's your move. Smoak Bar and Grill at Mal Manchester: A grill room and bar quite unlike anything Manchester has ever before seen. Set in the award-winning Malmaison Hotel minutes from Piccadilly station, Smoak is total indulgence for the senses. The amazing aroma of nation's finest oak-smoked steaks and fresh fish, served to a pewter counter or cosy booth. Imagine great imported beers, cocktails and bubbly served from an unusual sunken bar, with highly skilled mixologists serving you while you stay seated. Picture a stylish relaxed but chic interior a mix of booths, banquettes and counter stools. Come lunchtime and it's locally sourced bread, generously filled sandwiches and salads or full blown grill dining for the more adventurous lunchtime escapee. Come sundown the mood changes and we turn the aromas up to eleven. The cocktails flow, the steaks sizzle, the music turns up and the night begins. Ember Lounge at Mal Manchester: We could tell you about the Ember Lounge - an immaculate and opulent cocktail bar furtively hidden to the rear of the Smoak Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Malmaison Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Malmaison Hotel