“Just browsing ”

Afflecks
Ranked #3 of 52 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Buy the latest dance floor and street fashions from young designers and second-hand stalls at this exciting arcade.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It's an eclectic mix of shops from retro to out there crazy lol but young or old there is something unique to be found here check it out

Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for the great review, it means a lot to us all at Afflecks that people take the time to share their experience with others.

See you again soon

There are newer reviews for Afflecks

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We came to Afflecks Palace from Nottingham when it came to prom dress shopping as we had been before and knew we would find something unique. Right from the start we received excellent service, my daughter who is quite shy was put at ease when being measured, she was advised regarding her style and shape and a dress was adapted specifically to suit her. The dress was needed for June 20th and we were told it would be ready at the end of May/first week of June and it was! When we came back to pick up the dress it was beautifully made, fitted perfectly and exceeded our expectations. My daughter looked totally unique at her school prom and we would not have found a dress like this anywhere else. Thank you Strawberri Peach for an excellent job from start to finish.

5  Thank shelley797

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Strawberri Peach at Afflecks - It is great to know that you were happy with the service and product that you received.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Before I start this review, I want to make it clear that this review is only applied to strawberri peach, as I've found the rest of afflecks satisfying in the past. I came to strawberri peach to fullfill my dream prom dress, little did I know it was going to be a disaster. After reading some online reviews about the store and how they had a prom dress horror, I still chose to go ahead and trust them. I shouldn't have, as I'm now left a week before prom with no dress. I went to the store in the start of the new year, they took my measurements and told me it would be ready in the early days of April; everything seemed to be going well. I received no phone call. I then decided to ring my self where I was told it would definitely be ready in the last week in May. The last week in May came, I rang again. They then said definitely next week, the first week in June. I then received a phone call, telling me the price of the dress had increased, I was fine with that, what came next I wasn't fine with. They said they had to ask me before they cut the fabric, which implied they hadn't even started making the dress! I then chose to cancel, with only 3 weeks left till my prom, I could not trust on them to make sure it came through, and fitted and was upto my standards. This hasn't just happened to me though. It's happened to two others of my friends, one who they rang last week, TWO WEEKS, before prom that they couldn't make the dress, bare in mind this girl also went at the same time as me and only just told her now they can't do it. Unless you are prepared for last minute alterations and a last minute dress I would not recommend going here. Although I must say they were very helpful and polite with me asking for a refund on my deposit and cancelling my order.

8  Thank Morgan R

I am really sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with Strawberri Peach at Afflecks, I will discuss this matter in further detail with the business owner, If you should have any further comments or would like any feedback from my discussion then please do not hesitate to call me on 0161 839 0718.

Tony Martin

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Always been the place, to find something you cannot find anywhere else, you can spend hours going through all the small shops over loads of floors, food is good in thier as well. If you want expensive stuff go to selfridges, here thier is something for everyone's pocket and as the shop owners are normally working, great customer service.

Tony M, General Manager at Afflecks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks for the great review Steve - it means a lot to us all at Afflecks that people enjoy what we do and take the time to share their experience with others. See you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I were staying over in Liverpool for 4days and planned a day trip over to Manchester for some shopping and lunch.
I had read about this place before visiting and made a point of stopping by on our visit.
I am so glad we did because it exceeded our expectations!
Liverpool has it's own version of this place (Grand Central Hall) but it doesn't come close in terms of size, variation and quality of what's on offer!!
We both love quirky little retro shops which offer something totally different to the usual mundane shopping experience and this is the best place we've ever found!
It caters for so many different styles and the prices are fantastic.
If I was to recommend one place to go in Manchester then this is it.
Even if you're not a serious shopper it'll provide you with an escape from the Manchester rain and you'll be glad you visited!

Thanks so much for this great review, it is good to know that you enjoyed your visit and took the time to share your experience with others. See you again next time you are in Manchester.