“Billy Liar Play”

Ranked #7 of 191 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We're an award-winning producing Theatre in the centre of Manchester. As well as classics from William Shakespeare, Tennessee Williams, Oscar Wilde, Noel Coward, and Anton Chekhov, we're also one of the country's leading theatres for new writing, with over 125 premieres in the theatre history! The unique design means that none of the 760 seats are more than nine metres from the circular stage, with seats placed all around the auditorium, giving views from all angles.The Great Hall surrounds the Theatre, and this houses The Round restaurant, Bar Exchange, the Craft Shop and exhibitions, the Education Lounge and workshops, the Information Point, the Mezzanine Gallery exhibitions, as well as Friday evenings' FREE entertainment SPECIAL FX.And we're open on a Sunday too! With brunch served in our Great Hall cafe and free entertainment during the day.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I attended the Royal Exchange Theatre on the 28th July. I was over on business and had some time to kill before my flight back to Dublin. I called by the Theatre and was greeted by lovely staff at the box office. I purchased a ticket for, 'Billy Liar'. The staff were extremely pleasant at all times and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Theatre. Would recommend to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Theatre in the round -quirky within a fabulous building. Show was great and would recommend seeing a play here if you can. We were on the 2nd level at the front and had a great view from above of the stage.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Fairly good food even if service was a bit 'relaxed'!
Liked the location and atmosphere of theatre location.
Reasonable prices for food and drinks.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a fabulous original building which has been given an innovative reuse. Don't forget to look up at the central dome to find the secret to finding that true treasure.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went there to celebrate my husband's birthday and we saw Orlando. The theatre is something different to whatever you can imagine, as it is inside the great hall of the exchange building. It seems small but you will be surprised how much people can fit in there. The acoustic is very good and it is a very different, alternative way to go to the theatre. Very recommendable!