“Amazing theatre and productions ”

Royal Exchange Theatre
Ranked #6 of 188 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We're an award-winning producing Theatre in the centre of Manchester. As well as classics from William Shakespeare, Tennessee Williams, Oscar Wilde, Noel Coward, and Anton Chekhov, we're also one of the country's leading theatres for new writing, with over 125 premieres in the theatre history! The unique design means that none of the 760 seats are more than nine metres from the circular stage, with seats placed all around the auditorium, giving views from all angles.The Great Hall surrounds the Theatre, and this houses The Round restaurant, Bar Exchange, the Craft Shop and exhibitions, the Education Lounge and workshops, the Information Point, the Mezzanine Gallery exhibitions, as well as Friday evenings' FREE entertainment SPECIAL FX.And we're open on a Sunday too! With brunch served in our Great Hall cafe and free entertainment during the day.
Manchester
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Amazing theatre and productions ”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favourite buildings in manchester, the interior is beautiful. The circular theatre is fantastic and the use of the space is inspired.

It is also an absolutely fantastic theatre, I've been coming for years and every production I've seen in the theatre has been engaging, thoughtful and creative. Each season there is a varied selection of productions, and always something to tempt me.

Be warned about ordering a large drink in the interval - you may struggle to finish it in time.

Absolutely love this theatre and would throughly recommend a visit.

New Mills, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Round the World in 80 Days”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was my grandchildren's first experience of the Royal Exchange and they loved it. I can't wait to take them to something else.

Visited July 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Although I've been inside the building before (the restaurant & cafe) I have never actually seen any productions here until last night!
What a fantastic stage ! The way the seating is arranged means in my opinion there is not a seat without a great view! I really felt part of the production and enjoyed immensely the whole experience! Plenty of amenities and a reasonably priced bar for the a city Centre ! I would definitely recommend this!

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great venue, lovely building”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We saw 'around the world in 80 days' in August 2014 with our 2 children.

Great performance and lovely theatre. The kids had a great time and the stewards were very helpful.

Beautiful building with an unusual theatre in the centre ( my son thought it was a UFO!)

Looking forward to seeing another performance soon.

Visited August 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic entertainment!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Amazing production that is engaging form the start. The skill of the production transports you across the globe in a whirlwind of excitement and humour. Highly recommended for all age group. Magnificent!

Visited August 2014