Open today: 09:30 - 23:30

from US$5.89
from US$22.86
from US$71.72
1,089 results
All reviews front row lovely building last night production actors play stage tickets staging audience interval bar props fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2019

I recently went to see West Side Story, however I've visited this theatre many times and it is by far the best in Manchester.
It's now a family tradition to go every year over xmas as no matter what is on, we can be sure it will be fantastic!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 10 April 2019

I was lucky to have caught a preview of The Royal Exchange's latest production and, I understand, the last of its current Artistic Director, Sarah Frankom. She has excelled, with a lively show that is beautifully sung and skilfully choreographed for such a small space. The dance routines are particularly impressive as, having seen the show in a proscenium arch theatre where the gang members seemed rather effete, in this production even the ballet moves look natural. Performed in the round, the action is more immediate and you are transported to 1950s New York. My only quibble is that some of the accents were a bit tortured... However, the actors who play Tony and Maria, Andy Coxon and Gabriel Garcia, are excellent, both with wonderful voices that carry a song soaring into the rafters. Jocasta Almgill, who plays Anita, and Michael Lin, who is one of the Jets, also have superb stage presence and voices. The show has so many excellent, and well known, songs, with music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim. I am still humming, Tonight, America and Maria. It was a most enjoyable night and an evening to remember.

I paid £21.50 for a seat on the first gallery and had a wonderful view although, for an older person, I found it slightly difficult to slot myself into place!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

When I was at University last year, we had a day trip out & visited the Royal Exchange Theatre & wow what an impressive building!
As a photographer I do have very high appreciation for great architecture & style & this place certainly impressed me :)

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Clh85x
Reviewed 2 April 2019 via mobile

As part of a tour group we were given the history of this place which was very informative. Good to see it being used for the people of Manchester as a theatre.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

I loved being in the theatre.
It is an impressive theatre and is quite intimate compared to your traditional theatre.
Seats are comfortable and bar prices reasonable and all staff are lovely.

Date of experience: March 2019