First of all we arrived and had NO idea to how to get into the actual hotel so had to call. To check in we had to treck from one end of the men only bar to the other which was very embarrasing! Were taken to the room through a very dark and dingy staircase which did not smell fresh! Up to the room and to be honest the room was ok. Nice decor and comfy bed however when paying £75 per night and booking an en suite room - surely it's not unreasonable to expect your own toilet!!! instead the room had a corner shower and a basin both of which were badly fitted and leaked! there was a big gap that had not been completed under the shower and we had a little visitor come from it (baby cockroach!) When we braved using the shower on the first night we were disgusted to find fecal matter on the shower head!!! The shared toilet had pubic hair on the floor which was very off putting!
As previously mentioned, we were also in room 6, there is a window however this only opens very slightly and you can't see out of it and we too were kept awake by the very loud boiler!!
There is one positive - the man who makes your breakfast in the morning was absolutely lovely! Very friendly and helpful and good breakfast too (dispite the fact that it is served in the showbar the morning after the night before!) Apart from him, we never saw one member of staff from the hotel the whole weekend!
To be very honest, I'd sleep in my car before I'd stay there again, it is more of the standard of a basic hostel than a hotel and certainly not worth what they charge despite the location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under brand new ownership, the REM Hotel has been completely modernized and renovated.Not to be mistaking with Lowry Annexe hotel which was formally owned by the previous owner and no longer operates. We can now offer 6 modern double rooms (2 with showers) in the heart of the Gay Village in Central Manchester. The hotel is open to all. Prices quoted are per room and include a full English breakfast and free wifi. The venue also includes 2 bars. The REM Bar is situated on the ground floor and is aimed at the gay men's market. Dark, modern, cruisy with a friendly team. On the first floor we also offer our lounge and showbar which is open to all with regular karaoke, live shows and a party atmosphere. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your REM Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rembrandt Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Manchester Rembrandt