No signage to where the hotel entrance is.
Doorman made me get my booking form out on the street before he would let me in.
Hotel rooms were dirty, decor had seen better days, wallpaper hanging off, dirty tea and coffee tray and lights that didn't work.
Filthy carpet upstairs outside the bedrooms.
Showers were grubby and very dated and the shower was hanging off the wall.
I really don't think that the other people who have reviewed this hotel saying it is fantastic have ever stayed here, the hotel is above a 'caberet' bar and the dreadful kareoke style singing went on until 2am, it was that loud it shook the room.
I did know where the REM Bar was but knowhere on the booking form on booking.com did it say that the caberet room was beneath and very very loud music went on until 2am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under brand new ownership, the REM Hotel has been completely modernized and renovated.Not to be mistaking with Lowry Annexe hotel which was formally owned by the previous owner and no longer operates. We can now offer 6 modern double rooms (2 with showers) in the heart of the Gay Village in Central Manchester. The hotel is open to all. Prices quoted are per room and include a full English breakfast and free wifi. The venue also includes 2 bars. The REM Bar is situated on the ground floor and is aimed at the gay men's market. Dark, modern, cruisy with a friendly team. On the first floor we also offer our lounge and showbar which is open to all with regular karaoke, live shows and a party atmosphere. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your REM Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rembrandt Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Manchester Rembrandt