My friend booked this hotel as a mistake, and it was the best mistake ever. The place is a bit daunting as you reach it, but its cute and quirky. I think it was very good for the price that we paid for the room. The nice gent behind the bar warned us there would be a function on, so it would be pretty loud later on... That's essentially what you have to expect staying above a bar/nightclub. The rooms were on a separate floor above everything, which felt secure as everything was opened by keys. The room itself was a double, with tea and coffee making facilities, a safe, bedside cabinets and a full length mirror. The bathroom was shared with the corridor (there were 2) and was very clean. Breakfast in the morning was cooked for you, so it was fresh, and was the best thing after a night out. There was also cereal, juice and the nice gent cooked toast on demand.
My only issue, if that, is that the carpet was a bit grubby on the stairs to the rooms, although I suppose that's the same with any bar/nightclub floor after a heavy night.
It's not the Hilton or any of the mainstream hotels as people seem to be expecting. It's a B&B above a nightclub, and that is what people should expect. The people are friendly, the rooms are nice and I would definitely stay again, and for the price we paid, it was an absolute steal. Thank you to all the lovely staff who made our weekend in Manchester better and even more memorable :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under brand new ownership, the REM Hotel has been completely modernized and renovated.Not to be mistaking with Lowry Annexe hotel which was formally owned by the previous owner and no longer operates. We can now offer 6 modern double rooms (2 with showers) in the heart of the Gay Village in Central Manchester. The hotel is open to all. Prices quoted are per room and include a full English breakfast and free wifi. The venue also includes 2 bars. The REM Bar is situated on the ground floor and is aimed at the gay men's market. Dark, modern, cruisy with a friendly team. On the first floor we also offer our lounge and showbar which is open to all with regular karaoke, live shows and a party atmosphere. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your REM Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rembrandt Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Manchester Rembrandt