Me and a friend who were visiting Manchester for a long weekend in July arrived at the hotel to find the room we booked was terrible and in our opinion unfit for purpose. The Bedding was very clean and presented well but that's were it all ended. The door to the room was damaged and jammed in the frame, the advertised en-suite didn't exist it was just a shower and sink in the room and they were not clean. The carpet was dangerous and I almost tripped over when my foot caught in the loose threadbare join at the foot of the bed and there was no air circulation in the room.
In all fairness to the Manager we did get a full refund very quickly and without fuss and we found another hotel just 200 years away that was perfect as we simply couldn't of stopped in this room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under brand new ownership, the REM Hotel has been completely modernized and renovated.Not to be mistaking with Lowry Annexe hotel which was formally owned by the previous owner and no longer operates. We can now offer 6 modern double rooms (2 with showers) in the heart of the Gay Village in Central Manchester. The hotel is open to all. Prices quoted are per room and include a full English breakfast and free wifi. The venue also includes 2 bars. The REM Bar is situated on the ground floor and is aimed at the gay men's market. Dark, modern, cruisy with a friendly team. On the first floor we also offer our lounge and showbar which is open to all with regular karaoke, live shows and a party atmosphere. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your REM Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rembrandt Hotel Manchester
- Hotel Manchester Rembrandt