“Nice breakfast, good service, nice surroundings”

San Carlo Cicchetti
Ranked #273 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ate here on a Sunday morning with my son, he has Bacon Sandwich (on lovely oven bottom muffin) and I had Eggs Benedict, which was very nice. The coffee was also very good. My one criticism would be that for £3.00 I'd expect the Orange juice to be freshly squeezed, not concentrate out of a bottle. That was the only downside to a lovely breakfast though, and yes we'll be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We usually eat In San Carlos but have been put off lately for various reasons. Tried this out before a concert and loved it. But like Italian tapas and the food was excellent. Service was good and loved the restaurant decor. Would recommend a visit-,we loved it!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

San Carlo Cicchetti on Bridge Street, Manchester is attached to Kendals (House of Fraser) Store on Deansgate. The menu is fairly short yet very appetising. Dishes are small and designed for sharing or to be eaten by one person, a little like the Italian version of Tapas. The restaurant is buzzing (we ate at lunch time Saturday) and has a very welcoming atmosphere. The decor is very Italianate (not the traditional type of Italianate - more contemporary and very stylish. The waiters almost sing their greetings and appear to be happy all the time! Mrs. D Had spaghetti carbonara which, she said, was the best she has ever had. I and the rugrat had Gamberoni Piccanti (Prawns in lemon and garlic) with a mixed salad for me and patatas frittas (fries - not sure of the spelling) for Little 'un. It was all delicious and I will not hesitate to go back for more! Price is relatively high but worth every penny. (our bill with 2 small dishes of asorted bread and a bottle of sparkling water was around £38.) Definitely recommended! Nuf said.

2  Thank DeeferDavid
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely and delicious finger food. Incase you don't know, it's small
Plates of good food. So when they offer more and more, it's because it's served in small portions!

Love the authentic atmosphere and amazing food!

2  Thank MyloKayeDreamr
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I were taken to San Carlo Cicchetti in Manchester last night by friends. They had been several times, this was our first visit.
There was a short wait for the table, so we sat at the bar and started a bottle of wine. I asked the head barman for his recommendations for red wine for the meal, and he gave very helpful comments.
The food is Italian tapas style, and the restaurant advises 5-6 dishes per couple. We followed this advice and had plenty to eat.
Every dish was really enjoyable, with fresh ingredients and very beautifully prepared. The queen scallops were the best I've ever had, so tender and tasty.
Service was attentive throughout, friendly and informed. The only small criticism is that the different dishes came faster than we would have liked ideally, perhaps because the restaurant was not packed being a Monday night, or maybe the chef wanted to watch the world cup match at 9.00 pm!
Strongly recommended.