“Tasty Treats!”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Entrance on Booth Street
Transit: Tram Stops: Mosley St or St Peters Square
Description: Manchester city centres only Vegetarian restaurant, open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our kitchen is headed by Roman Labat with menus inspired by British classics with a twist. Head Chef Sam Morgan
Manchester
“Tasty Treats!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Visited here again recently one lunchtime to find out that the place has had a makeover with a regigged bar, layout and menu

Thankfully this has not impacted on the quality. I took advantage of the new lunchtime menu and had generous portions of the beetroot salad. I also had the chocolate desert which was exquisite!

Despite the changes this is still the number destination for veggies in Manchester!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Drake_Sheldon

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“quality veggie food”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

we have been to the Birmingham 1847 and were in Manchester so thought that we would give this a go.
first of all the atmosphere in this restaurant is better than in Birmingham
the menu has a range of dishes which can be ordered as either half or full portions
(sides and mains)
we ordered the Haloumi (which comes with chips as a main) and it was very good, we ordered three other half portions to share, although they were all very well cooked and presented
they werent to my pallet and to be honest I preferred the food in the Birmingham restaurant

certainly worth a visit though

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful vegetarian food.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I live near London but my mother lives in Greater Manchester. When I visit her, this is our favourite eaterie. Delicious food, generous portions and plenty of choice.

1 Thank pMacDo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unique, high quality vegetarian food in a very cool environment”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We discovered this unusual restaurant on Saturday, and were very pleasantly surprised. Although I was dining with a very fussy vegetarian, she enjoyed every single dish. Staff were very pleasant, the dishes were presented beautifully and the restaurant's atmosphere was very laid back - reminds me of places in Soho, London. The dishes were small, but we had 2 each and shared 2, and the a pudding to finish. With a drink, the bill came to £20 each which was amazing. I highly recommend the Halloumi, onion bhajis and welsh cakes...will definitely be returning!

1 Thank khumphreys88
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab new salad lunch time offering”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been a regular visitor to 1847 since it opened, but haven't been out much since having my daughter. However, I had lunch there on Wednesday afternoon so I could sample their new salad counter and it was amazing.

My husband and I couldn't decide what to order so we had a bit of everything. There were 2 pies - one made with dauphinious potatoes and the other containing sweet potato and polenta. I liked them both, but my husband found the sweet potato one a little too sweet, haha. They were nice to go with the salad but not necessary.

Our favourite part of lunch was the various salad offerings. There were 3 different kinds, all very different from each other but all worked so well together. The curried cauliflower contained leeks which tasted AMAZING. I had to speak to the chef to find out how he made the leeks taste so good. It was delicious and with the right about of spice.

The roasted red pepper with feta was delicious, a definite winner with both of us. I could have eaten this all afternoon. The rocket, beetroot and tomato salad was ok but I am not a huge fan of beetroot so my husband polished this off.

We also split a baguette which contained beetroot, humous, rocket and elderflower cheese. It was full of flavour (my daughter picked at it too) and we even saved room for the gorgeous chocolate cake. I am not a huge chocolate fan but the small amount I tried was really yummy, like a melted chocolate biscuit. My husband who doesn't tend to eat dessert allowed me to have a couple of bites before finsihing the whole thing off so I guess it was good!

The main menu was still available but the new salad offering was exciting and there was enough food for the 3 of us. We left without feeling stuffed but nicely full. I would definitely go back and try the salad counter again. Not sure how often it is updated, but I definitely want to try the leeks again. I do want to go back and have the halloumi from the main menu too, because I remember that as being to die for.

If you are in the area, make sure you pop in and try the salad counter, especially if you work in the offices surrounding it. The food is fresh, delicious and nicely priced. A rarity in city centres these days.