“Very good!”

Ashton House Hostel
München
“Very good!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We (2 German girls) stayed for one night in a double bed room with a private bathroom! It was clean and there are suprisingly new and modern furnitures/facilities for a hostel!!! Nice and helpful staff! Luggage room available. Recommendable!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank daniela86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Never stay here, It's dirty, the beds have not been washed, the bathroom is disgusting and the staff were rude. This place is the worst place I've ever stayed in but you couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank digaprisa

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here with 30 others girls from a Uni society for one night. The rooms are an adequate size with bunk beds that are quite new. The showers were good and surprisingly quite clean. The toilets were ok too. The staff were friendly towards us and checked us in efficiently. They let us pre-drink before we went out in a room downstairs where we played music. This was around 11-12pm and no complaints were heard. When we returned from our night out, in drifts and drabs between 1-3:30am again no complaints were made about noise or anything. Overall, I would stay here again. It's cheap, has a very central location and feels safe (someone on reception at all times). It does the job nicely.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank PBEVizsla
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This place was cheap and bear the nightlife in the city centre. That's where the good bits end sadly.

It's dirty, the beds feel like they've not been washed, the bathroom I didn't even want to walk in barefoot. There were bits of broken furniture and the staff were rude.

This place is the worst place I've ever stayed in. It's cheap for a reason but you couldn't pay me to stay here again.

This was on a lads weekend out so our standards were low. We'd have slept almost anywhere but this place was horrendous.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Bed already broken, staff ignorant and half asleep. Toilet cleaned and no wet floor sign. Slipped and when I complained I was told "A customer must have splashed water everywhere". The floor was streaky from the cleaners mop, there was no way it was water. I received NO apology and was told to call tomorrow to complain. When we checked out, the receptionist barely acknowledged us.
Positives: clean bed linen, towel and air freshener plug in.
Additional negatives: only 2 plug sockets, tv didn't work, very cold and flooring in hallway broken.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed in hostels in the UK and all over Europe - this is by far my worst experience.
If you book a hostel you cannot expect luxury - however I do expect a basic warm clean room.

I booked a private room for one night for the price of £70(!!) which was later to reduce to £50, due to a booking mix up, but it was still completely overpriced.

The room was freezing, the shower was rusty and dirty, the mattress had seen better days and the stains on the carpet were very questionable.

All in all an awful experience – that I would not recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat R
York
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was a one off stay to end a night out in Manchester to celebrate a friends birthday. About 8 of us stayed in total. We wanted somewhere where a lot of us could fit into one room but at the same time we wanted the place to be cheap. So our host, the birthday guy himself decided to book Ashton house. I have to say I read a lot of reviews on here and saw a lot of negative feedback which did really make me worry about staying here. But I have to say, for the price and for a hostel you shouldn't be expecting the ritz. We got there, check in was straightforward the receptionist took us straight down into room 28 where we were sharing with 5 others even though there were 24 beds so the room wasn't packed out. The room itself didn't seem too bad, the bedding was very clean and new smelling and the room itself seemed like it had been recently re-decorated and there was a lounge area provided with ample facilities. For a one night stay for a few hours after being out, and for the price you pay it's perfect. But I can see staying longer than one short night being a problem, none of us used the showers so couldn't comment on that.
To conclude, you pay a budget rate for a bed here. It's good for a short stay, but don't expect a top class hotel experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends