“A star of Manchester's Northern Quarter - Great vibe, great food, great service”
Review of Thomas - CLOSED

Thomas
Price range: US$6 - US$51
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cane & Grain is set over 3 floors comprising of The Ground Floor Tap Room, The First Floor Bar and The Liars Lounge. It's all about Rum, Ribs, Bourbon & Beer at C&G and each floor has them all in abundance.
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Struggle to find fault with this restaurant. Very welcoming and accommodating staff. Couldn't be friendlier or more helpful.
The food was great. Devilled livers a personal favourite. Sardines excellent and halibut with clams too. Classic desserts like Tarte Tatin and sticky toffee pudding alongside quirky alternatives like strawberry milk shake cheesecake. Cool music from a laptop armed DJ subtly located at the back of the room and movies projected silently onto the side wall. Young Northern Quarter crowd. Loved it. Did I mention the cocktails?

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast in a Yorkshire Pud”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Had a beef Sunday lunch here with my parents and it was delicious. Well worth a try on a sleepy afternoon with guests in Manchester as it was empty, food came really quick, Bowie on the sound system and really nice staff.

Visited July 2013
Oldham
“Gorgeous Food Great Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We booked a meal through book a table for £15.00 per head for 3 courses. We booked for 3pm on a Friday afternoon so it was quite quiet whilst we were there. The place has a lovely modern informal bar feel to it and is right in the Northern Quarter so a great people watching place. The staff were extremely efficient friendly and helpful couldn't fault them. I had the orange and carrot salad to start and my hubby had the warm aubergine and chick pea with pitta bread, both starters were really nice. Then we both shared the chicken and olive tagine (you have to pre order if you want this dish) it is a whole chicken with saffron potatoes served in a tagine and is absolutely gorgeous, this was followed by a small filo pastry almond flavoured samosa style sweet and a pot of Moroccan mint tea. I would really recommend this place and I will definitely be going back soon.

• Visited July 2013
“Something a little bit different”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this evening after seeing an offer from bookatable. 3 courses for £15 each plus drinks. This was our first visit and I suspect not our last.

We were greeted with a warm welcome and seated straight away even though we we're 20 minutes early.

The 3 courses for £15 menu is limited to a choice of 4 starters and 4 mains plus green mint tea and an almond briouat for desert but there's also an option of two courses for £14.50 (if I remember correctly) from the full menu.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed......”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Three course for £15......

The sardines for starter looked lovely, grilled just right colour, tasted excellent, Infact right in every way...... lol...... I don't even know why I ordered it I hate fish with bones in..... but besides this point full marks highly recommend it.

Then I had the lamb tagine. Didn't help that I've just come back from Marrakesh and a weeks full so I'm using it as a bench mark. I was a little what disappointed by taste and standard. And a little salty, it was clear it wasn't cooked In the serving pot like it should be. I'd give it 5/10....... but cause it was salty I'm now giving 4/10

The 10% charge bumped bill up a little bit.