“FANTASTIC service!”

Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I don't usually write reviews but I had to make an exception! After booking my hotel through lastminute and having a massive mixup The Jurys Inn couldn't have been more helpful, the staff were fantastic and professional and everything you wish for at a hotel!!

The rooms were lovely, exactly what you pay for and as I was graduating the location (2 minutes away) was perfect.

Even a 15% discount on a public car park.

I would 100% stay here again.
Well done Jurys Inn, 5 stars!!

1  Thank Demi B

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Front desk slow and perfunctory. Rooms ok but definitely no extras. Location good but service excessively slow in bar and decor gloomy. Staff very glum and not at all friendly - thoroughly disappointing - what a shame:((( !!! Would definitely not recommend it. Can't help wondering why the staff never smile??

• Stayed: July 2013
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review Jurys Inn Manchester. I am very grateful for your feedback, which assists us in improving the service we provide.

I was disappointed to read that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations. We value every guest that enters the hotel and the feedback about our staff is normally excellent, so I am disappointed to read that you felt they were unfriendly and you recieved slow service when you arrived.

I have noted the issues raised and these will be addressed immediately with the team. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If there are any other aspects of your stay which you would like to discuss further please contact me by email on chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Kind Regards

Chris Broderick

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Great hotel, great location, clean, staff friendly. would certainly return, paid £100 for 2 nights, half the price of the near Premier Inn, rooms no different that a Premier Inn, Breakfast £10 (a bit steep for a budget hotel) however £8 if you pre book the night before.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stayed here dozens of times. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. The rooms are a nice size and very clean. good TV and Wifi connections (If thats what you need)The hotel is located in a nice part of the city, close to the shopping area, and very close to some of the best restaurants in Manchester. It's also close to several good theaters.

Room Tip: Ask for the canal side for a really quiet room, but the front side has great views of Manchester!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JurysGM, Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Trip advisor,

Thank you for sharing your guest experience with us.

I am delighted to receive such positive feedback and I will pass this onto my team. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the hotel team and location.

If there is anything else we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to contact me directly

Kind regards

Chris Broderick

email: chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have had many city breaks in Manchester before which has become one of our favourite cities and have stayed in a few different locations. First thing to say about Jurys is that it is a favourite of business travellers, my clients included and it is easy to see why in some ways. It is not what I would call a long stay hotel for a number of reasons. We were on the first floor and our room overlooked the loading area so had no view and no real natural light being opposite another wing of the hotel. The room was dark and to be honest the lighting is poor. There is no screening from being over looked other than using the black out curtains so not a hotel for wandering around after a shower with the light on!
I did ask if the windows were treated in some way to reflect light to prevent being over looked but staff could not confirm this. The rooms were not for people who like to spend a little time in the hotel chilling as there is no seating or small table and no drawer storage. For a five day break you either have your clothes on full display in the open rail area (with two shelves top and bottom) or live out of your case. Cleanliness was very good and the staff were some of the best I have encountered a far cry from any hotel in London but this is true of northerners as they always seem to be friendly, ready to help and seem genuinely keen to offer good service.
Bathroom was well equipped and again very clean. The bed is on the firm side which we found extremely comfortable but again this is personal taste. Air conditioning was a big bonus as the temperature for the six days we were there was over 25 on each day and near 30 on most. Hotel bar is well stocked and typical price wise for hotels of this type.
While I have mentioned two things that let the room down, window screening and drawer storage, I would most certainly stay there again and point them out merely to emphasise this is a business hotel rather than a leisure hotel (in my opinion) but its location is fab being quiet yet central with a tram stop just a couple of hundred meters away (St Peters Square is best to avoid the steps at Deansgate) and is only a 15 minute walk to Piccadilly Gardens.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room to avoid being over looked then you can keep your curtains open and let i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The first thing to say about this hotel is there is nothing exceptional about it. If it were a color it would be beige.

The rooms are small, the bed feels small, hard and uncomfortable.

On the up side the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was plentiful if not a little average in quality.

If you are simply looking for some where to stage for not much Money you will be fine, if you want an experience stay at the Lowry.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear FinnRoss,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay,

We pride ourselves at Jurys Inn for being Exceptional Everyday City Hotels and strive to exceed our guests expectations of being a 3 star hotel. Even though we strive to deliver an exceptional service, I would not compare ourselves to our 5 star colleagues at the Lowry Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you found our breakfast of poor quality as we usually receive excellent feedback. If you could possibly provide me with more detail on this matter then I can review this with our Head Chef, as we are all keen at Jurys Inn Manchester to continuously improve our guest experience.

I do hope you will allow me the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, I am confident you will see a noticeable improvement from your last stay.

With Kind Regards

Richard Pearson
Deputy General Manager

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times now, it's a standard Jury's Inn. it's about time they refreshed the product and the hotel, the room needed a paint and it's been a few years since updating.

Reception was friendly, location was good, but I always forget its a bit of a walk from the tram stop, I'd recommend getting a cab!

The breakfast wasn't as good as I've had before from Jury's Inn, but for the cost... You can't complain.

Good hotel as always, but about time it was refreshed.

Dear CraigsLists,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay,

Having reviewed your feedback with members of my management team, we have already begun to use this feedback as a key measurement on where improvements can be made. The General Manager and I have today began inspection of every room in the Hotel to look at areas we can improve our product to ensure we exceed your expectations.

I would love the opportunity to meet with you next time you stay with us to introduce myself as I feel it is important that our regular guests have a friendly face to speak to should they require anything. Please feel free to email me next time you stay Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

With Kind Regards