“Never felt so ripped off”

Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre
Ranked #34 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
London
“Never felt so ripped off”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were forced to stay here after a stressful flight to Edinburgh went awry, and were forced to land in Manchester. At £199 (breakfast not included) per room, we have never felt so ripped off in our lives. When we arrived, staff barely spoke or welcomed us. The room was cramped in comparison to what you would get in a Premier Inn or a Travelodge, and the double bed was small. There were no biscuits available, a box of tissues, dirty windows... the list goes on. Lighting was poor- there was no 'main light' you'd find in the centre of the ceiling, just 3 lamps. On departure we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay, simply asked what our room number was, followed by a "Thanks, bye."

I will never stay in a Jurys Inn again after this poor customer service, and rooms that in no way provide 'value for money'.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings during your stay.

It is especially disappointing that the welcome you received at front desk was not to the standard which we strive to deliver.

May I assure you that we value every guest that enters the hotel and the feedback about our staff is normally excellent, so I am disappointed to learn of your experience.

I have noted the issues raised and these will be addressed immediately with members of my senior management team, so together, we can review these standards in detail and ensure the relevant improvements are made going forward.

If there are any other aspects of your stay which you would like to discuss further please contact me by email on chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Jurys Inn Manchester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
WIRRAL
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night to visit Xmas Markets. Room quite expensive 134.00 GBP with no breakfast for something that in no better than Ibis or Premier Inn. Clean and tidy, staff fine. Was woken at 3.30 in the morning by a load of drunks trying to find their room. Good location.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My room was clean, comfortable and very good value. The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful.
One criticism - the wifi charges were very high, and surely chains like this should be offering it free these days?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We were allocated a disable person's room even though neither of us are disabled. As it was for one night we didn't mind. However getting out of the shower I stood on the bathmat provided and slid, falling flat on my back. Consequently I broke my finger, which is very painful. However it could have been a lot worse as I did manage to save myself from hitting my head on the basin. I reported it to the Manager who wasn't that interested and told me that the floors are non slip in the bathrooms. Well clearly not if you stand or attempt to stand on the bath mat! The point I was trying to get over to the Manager was that I slipped as an able bodied person how would a disabled person manage or their carers!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am concerned to learn of your experience and would be grateful if you could contact me in order to investigate further and resolve the situation.

Chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Tel: 0161 953 8888
Cumbria
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Good location, nice hotel, rooms comfortable but a bit dark ... ironically the small lights by the bed could not be turned off. Staff excellent and breakfast very good indeed. We were able to leave our luggage before and after our stay which was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Brantingham, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently found myself in England for Thanksgiving. As you can imagine I wasn't expecting much as this is just another day in England and ever since that Boston tea party incident in 1776 things have been strained. To my surprise the Jury's Inn not only took me and my family in with open arms but also served us a traditional American Thanksgiving day dinner. The staff was brilliant and when given the chance to stay anywhere in the future, I will find the closest Jury's Inn and hunker down. Incidentally...We still can't get a proper cup of tea in the States. Guess we didn't really think that one all the way through. Sincerely, Kimberly Pflanzer.

Room Tip: Stay at the closest Jury's Inn you can find.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly P
Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review,

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance further, please let me know

Jurys Inn Manchester

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just had a one night stay at this hotel to visit the markets. Booked it through bookings.com & paid £66 for superior double incl breakfast which I thought was excellant value. Arrived at about 12.30 expecting to have to leave case as too early to check in but no, the room was ready & could check in straight away. We had a lovely large room with 2 chairs, sofa & a huge bed. Tea, coffee, 2 bottles of water & biscuits also provided. The room was very clean & fresh looking and bed really comfy. My only criticism about the room was the lighting at night, just a little too dark when your trying to get ready to go out. Breakfast had plenty of choice, particularly liked the fact it was served till 10.30. All the staff we encountered seemed very friendly, especially the receptionist who checked us out this morning. Would definately recommend & stay at this hotel again