“Not Impressed!”

Ranked #36 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Hotel in good central location but car park is an NCP one opposite the hotel but a bit of a walk with luggage and I got wet as it was raining when I arrived. Reception very quick and friendly. Room was ok but nothing more. It was cold and I couldn't get the heating to warm the room up? Biggest gripe was that the bed under sheet was too small for the bed and slipped off leaving the mattress exposed. Very poor.

Breakfast was awful quite frankly. 'Frothy' fruit juice. Coffee machine not working. Used the second one and it tasted awful. Cutlery not put on tables so I was up and down like a yoyo getting spoons forks etc. Cooked breakfast was serve yourself on a very small plate (penny pinching). Sausages were dreadful. Cheap and nasty. Bacon overcooked and dry. Hash browns soggy. No mushrooms. Just all very disappointing and I left wishing I'd stayed in the nearby Premier Inn instead.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

All feedback we receive is very important to us as we find it the best measure on how we are performing and where further improvements can be made.

I am sorry to learn that the hotel didn't meet your expectation and would like to sincerely apologise for the issues you experienced and also comment on the concerns you have highlighted.

As with the majority of the hotels within the city centre, we have an agreement with a National car park which is located directly opposite to the hotel and all residents can claim a discount off the overnight parking rate by having their ticket stamped at reception before they depart. There is an area at the front of the hotel where guests can park for a short stay and unload any luggage, which we are delighted to store while they park their vehicle at the NCP.

To try and counter act the recent cold weather here in Manchester, all our hotel rooms are pre heated to a desired temperature for the guest’s arrival. Each room has an individual control which allows the occupant to change the setting to either increase the heat or add air cooling if preferred. Should you decide to return to us in the future, we also have a front of house team available 24 hours a day who can control the individual room temperature from reception should you require further assistance.

I am sorry to hear that the sheets on your bed were not the correct size for the mattress. I will address this with our Accommodation team today as each room is checked and signed off by one of our supervisors, so there are no excuses to why the correct sheet was not in place ready for your arrival.

I am very concerned to read your account of breakfast, as recently I have received some fantastic guest reviews with compliments about choice and service. The breakfast buffet consists of a variety of items including a full English breakfast, fresh and whole fruits items, a selection of yogurts, cereals, hot porridge, ice cold juices and hot drinks to just to name a few. All cutlery items are available from two designated station, located on each side of the buffet near the food. From reading your feedback, I can clearly see that the food quality and taste was not to the standard we pride ourselves on and I will personally monitor this in the coming weeks to ensure improvements are made.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again and hopefully rectify the initial impression that you have been left with.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly

With Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Manchester

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Situated right next to G-Mex this is a great 'heart of the city' hotel and pretty much close to all the action. The staff were efficient, professional and friendly and the hotel is clean and modern. We had breakfast here and as the hotel breakfast experience goes it was pretty good.
Our room wasn't huge but was spotless and they provide more tea and coffee than some hotels I've stayed at. All in all a great stay. My only niggle is that ,in this day and age, charging for Wi-Fi seems a bit crazy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a great hotel,lovely clean room.The location is great, it is a short walk to the centre of the city. Both the reception and bar staff were helpful and pleasant. I would not hesitate to stay here again on my return to Manchester.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Many thanks for choosing Jurys Inn Manchester, I am glad that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and delighted that you went on to share your experience with your fellow travellers.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel at a future date and if you would like to contact me directly, I would be delighted to assist with your booking.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great little hotel and very value for money. Fairly local to the Manchester Piccadilly station. Service was brilliant as was the room with coffee and tea. Very impressed with all that it offered and it was also one of the cheapest in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn Manchester and taking the time to write about your experience with us. It is only through open and honest feedback that we can progress forward as a company and improve where necessary.

I am glad that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us and will pass on your kind comments to team here as they will be delighted to receive the feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and we can continue to build on the good experiences that you have already received.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My work put me up in the Jury's in Hotel in Manchester for a Conference I was attending.

It was a good location, nice and central.

The room as absolutely tiny...there was no space to move...probably more space in the toilet.

The view from my window was of a roof. The room however, was very clean.

Some staff were very friendly, while others were a bit demur.

The Breakfast Buffet was beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

I am disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with the size of your hotel room. The majority of our rooms are spacious in size and we also have some preferred superior rooms with great views of the city.

Next time you are visiting Manchester, please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally look after your room allocation and will ensure you receive a upgrade including the complementary superior package.

I did also notice your kind comments regarding breakfast, location and cleanliness which have been well received and thank you for leaving a balanced review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Manchester in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I've stayed in the Hilton which is virtually next door to the Jury's Inn, but I found it to be not to my taste and decided to give the Jurys a try this time instead.

I'm glad I did.
The Jury's is nothing flash, but it delivers a good service and it's nice and central for a night on the town. The receptionist was organised and charming. The room was tidy and clean and more than acceptable for the price.

Breakfast in the basement was good, though fair to say the dinning room was a little cramped with dopey guests taking their luggage down there and not having the brains to leave them in reception. The staff really should get a grip of this as it creates too many trip hazards and can't be acceptable if there were to be a fire or sudden evacuation requirement.

There's a nice little pub next door called the Briton's Protection with open fires and a fine selection of whiskies for those of us so inclined.

Parking across the road was a steep at £19 for 24 hours, but I guess that's par for the course in Manchester. I'm not sure if there was a discounted rate for the Hotel, but they didn't tell me and I forgot to ask.

All in all a nice hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Well done.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I used the Jury's Manchester as the hotel for our company Christmas party, the service provided from the initial enquiry, making the booking and then staying at the hotel was completely hassle free, the staff are fantastic, and the location is ideal. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure use

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business