“Very friendly”

Ranked #36 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I chose this hotel because I had to be close to the University. I arrived somewhat upset since I had two taxi rides with drivers who had no idea where places were and drove around in circles ( seems to be a Manchester problem, I had the same experience on a previous visit to the city). The check-in clerk was not only understanding, but also very helpful so that I left check-in with a smile on my face. Everybody in this hotel is very nice. I value good service and having stayed in a 5* hotel with miserable staff and shoddy service the week before, I cannot praise the personnel at this Jurys Inn enough.
The room is basic, but clean and quite big. Mine faced Deansgate station which was a little noisy, so if this bothers you ask for a room at the back.
Overall this was excellent value and I will be choosing this hotel again. Breakfast was not included, but I bought a voucher and I thought that there was a good variety and quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Manchester

Reviewed 18 April 2014

For a nights stay in the centre of Manchester this was great value. The room was very clean and spacious and the bed really comfy..had a great nights sleep!!! The check in was quick and easy and reception ordered us a taxi for our evening at the apollo. We had a couple of burgers at the bar and these were really good. The only downside is the lack of parking facilities, ended up in an outside car park 10 minute walk away in which i wasn't overly keen leaving my car overnight

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Hotel not far from the coach station, shopping centre and night life. Very clean, modern room with tasteful decor. Breakfast had a choice of foods and staff very accommodating. Enjoyable weekend had in Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a company event at a venue just over the road. Efficient check in and a nice comfortable room (117). Might have been me, but couldn't find a switch for the bathroom light. A good nights sleep, but missed a proper breakfast as had to check out before 7. Nothing cooked before 7 apparently. All in all though, exactly what I needed in an ideal location.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Came back here on a promotion room provided by Shaun the night manager. All I can say is a massive thank you for everything. The room was amazing (526) lots of space and nice view of the canal too. Not forgetting the biscuits to go with the coffee making facilities, however I would like to see more milk in there!
The breakfast was plentiful and we ate late the second morning but it was still high quality and everything fresh even though we were one of the last to come down.
We like the jury's inn as it's central, clean and friendly too.
I would like to mention personally Helen the receptionist who was so lovely, professional but human! Nothing was too much trouble. Also the young chap behind reception who is classed as a trainee. He was absolutely brilliant, I've never seen anyone as happy in their job, calling everyone madam and sir but with a cheeky smile. Also another I liked is that the reception is always manned with 3 on when we checked out, I find it frustrating when you have to wait to be seen as somewhere is understaffed.
I would recommend the jury's Manchester for anyone who wants a nice quiet comfortable stay close to all what Manchester has to offer. I have stayed in the hilton previously and I would actually chose the jury's over the hilton for service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Slincalex
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review.

I am delighted to receive such positive feedback and I will ensure this is passed on to the team and displayed in the staff areas.

If there anything else we can arrange to make your stay more comfortable, please let me know

Kind regards

Chris Broderick

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Central hotel. Greated warmly. Cases stored no problem, as we were too early for check in. Rooms good size, comfy beds.
Drawbacks...... Bottle water not supplied in room only tea and coffee, water can be bought at the reception. I forgot my toothpaste and was charged £2.00 for a small travel sized toothpaste which came with a soft toothbrush. At a hotel I stayed in while on holiday in Ireland my husband forgot his toothbrush and was supplied the exact same item free of charge. I realise the hotel may not be able to hold out to the cost of supplying forgetful guests but we thought £2.00 was a bit expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Booked in here for one night as we had tickets to see Rebecca Ferguson at the Bridgewater Hall and this hotel is just over the road and round the corner from Gio's - a lovely Italian restaurant. A nice warm welcome, easy check in, very nice clean room, comfortable beds, lovely breakfast with plenty of choice. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Jurys Inn Manchester and taking the time to write about your experience with us. It is only through open and honest feedback that we can progress forward as a company and improve where necessary.

I am glad that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay with us and will pass on your kind comments to team here as they will be delighted to receive the feedback.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and we can continue to build on the good experiences that you have already received.

With Kind Regards