“Surprisingly nice inexpensive hotel in central location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre

Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre
Ranked #32 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
“Surprisingly nice inexpensive hotel in central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business and was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, comfortable and very efficiently run. Handy for Manchester Central, close to some nightlife (Cloud 23 is worth a visit - expensive but nice cocktails and a great view of the city - you make a cocktail last a very long time while watching all the lights come on and the trams whizzing about). Had a drink and dinner in Jurys - food was great and not expensive...not like my usual hotel food experience.

Room Tip: Lower floors apparently can hear noise from street - particularly after home football matches - on 5...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kasstage
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for posting your Trip advisor review following your recent stay here at the Jurys Inn Manchester.

I am please to learn that you enjoyed your stay and will ensure you kind comments are passed onto the team.

When you are visiting Manchester next, please let me know as I would be more than happy to assist with your future bookings.

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

On a shopping and Old Trafford trip, this is a great location for both. The Management and staff were extremely helpful and made the experience of staying in a largely unfamiliar city a real pleasure. Easy walking distance of some great restaurants and bars. Great transport (Tram) links out to Old Trafford as well, which made getting to and from the game really easy. Rooms were spacious and really comfortable. All in all a great experience and highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alice,

Thank you for posting your review.

It’s great to receive such positive feedback and will ensure this is shared with the team.

When you are visiting next, please feel free to contact me directly as I would be more than happy to assist with your next booking.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booking for a concert at Bridgewater Hall, was an ideal location, parking was a bit of a problem as had problems with the discount parking, room booking was messed up by hotel but they gave us an upgrade at no extra cost, very clean room, breakfast which was included was very good, small bar and large clean reception area, staff very helpful. Very happy with the stay

Room Tip: Had a back room which I imagine would be quieter than front facing room which had a busy road in fro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank xzendax
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights and found the hotel really nice. Much better than the other Jurys Inn I've stayed in. Good location, a little out of the centre.

I treated myself to a superior room which was excellent. Good sized rooms with air con, huge comfy kingsize bed and adequate facilities including hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. Lovely tea/coffee facilities with biscuits and complementary bottled water.

Food was nice, had a few meals in the restaurant, very pricey for what you get. Great atmosphere in the bar.

Breakfast, I like a healthy breakfast and struggle in hotels, this was no different. There is a good choice but aside from big bowls of grapefruit nothing much healthy - not everyone wants cooked breakfasts. The yoghurt wasn't very nice :-( I hate natural yoghurt! Good coffee though.

There is expensive NCP parking round the back but it's secure and expected in a city centre. It was £15.60 for over night parking! Make sure you get your parking ticket validated at reception to get your 15% discount.

I'd definitely stay here again

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great location! Easy walking distance to bars etc! The room was nice and comfy, nice bed with 4 pillows!! Always a good sign! Clean! Nice outside area next to canal! Only problem was the parking!! Arrived at 7pm on bank holiday Sunday left at 11am bank hholiday Monday. Hotel validated ticket for my discount parking and I still got charged £17!!!! More expensive than London!! For this sole reason I won't be returning!

Room Tip: Do not use carpark opposite hotel!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent review following your stay here during the weekend.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and hotels location within the city. Its also great to see such high ratings for cleanliness, sleep quality and service! Thank you

As with the majority of the hotels within the city centre, we have an agreement with a National car park which is located directly opposite to the hotel and all residents can claim a 15% discount off the overnight parking rate by having their ticket stamped at reception before they depart.

Following guest feedback, we have also set up a further parking option in recent weeks with second National car park within the area. Whilst this is not directly opposite to the hotel, it is within a short 5 minute walk offering a preferred discounted rate of just £8.50 for up to 24 hours. Again, all residents are able to claim this discount by having their ticket stamped at reception.

There is also an area at the front of the hotel where guests can park for a short stay and unload any luggage which we are delighted to store while they park their vehicle at the NCP.

I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, and should you need any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure you are offered the very best rates and rooms we have available.

Many thanks again,

Regards

Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect for all the theatres and live music venues. We always stay here when going to the Bridgewater hall and are back next month.
We recently stayed here for two nights, the first night we had a bed that wasn't comfortable. Not always sure how front-of-house staff would deal with it, we were really impressed with the speed they changed our room. It was clear that customer service was the top priority. We have not been this fortunate in other hotels.
Top marks Jurys' staff for friendliness!

The breakfast was excellent too. An easy meal to cook and very easy to get wrong. Jurys' staff were constantly replenishing the food. The pastries were fresh and tables spotlessly clean.
Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 486KevinB
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your experience was such a positive one. The team here work very hard to deliver a high level of customer service, and I am pleased that this was reflected in your comments.

I will ensure this is shared with the team who were on duty and we look forward to welcoming you back to Manchester in the near future.

If you need any assistance with booking your next reservation, please feel free to contact me directly as I would be delighted to make the arrangements on your behalf.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was just an average experience! The rooms were smaller than expected, however they were clean and neat. The bathroom shower in my room was not functioning well. Breakfast for vegetarians (like me) was very limited.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VVIP9
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

All feedback we receive is very important to us as we find it the best measure on how we are performing and where further improvements can be made.

I am sorry to learn that the hotel wasn’t to your preference and I would be keen to gain further feedback or suggestions regarding the breakfast and service you received. These are areas which we hold in high importance and continue to make changes to improve; based on guest feedback we receive.

I am disappointed to read that you were unsatisfied with the size of your hotel room. The majority of our rooms are spacious in size and we also have some preferred superior rooms with great views of the city. I am truly sorry that this was not the case during your stay.

I would also like to apologise for the issues you experienced with your shower. This is checked and maintained on a daily basis so there are no excuses for it not operating correctly. I will ensure this is addressed with team today and monitored by our Accommodation Manager going forward.

I also generally receive some fantastic guest reviews about breakfast with compliments about choice and variety.

The breakfast buffet consists of a number of items including a full English breakfast with bacon, vegetarian and pork sausages, baked hash browns, half cut tomatoes, baked beans, local black pudding and two types of eggs. We also have a cold station with fresh and whole fruit items, along with a selection of yogurts and cheese. There are also stations for hot porridge, a variety of cereals, ice cold juices and hot drinks.

Having said that, I recognise that we did not meet your expectations and would there appreciates it if you could contact me by email at chris_broderick@jurysinns.com.

We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again. When you are looking to visit Manchester next, please feel free to contact me directly so I can make the arrangements on your behalf and ensure you are offered the best rate and room available.