“Only thing lacking is parking....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre

Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre
Ranked #32 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Only thing lacking is parking....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Regularly visit Manchester and this is one of the nicer hotels. Close to most amenities with some nice bar within a very close proximity.
The room was clean and had a range of toiletries that you'd expect but not all hotels supply and the breakfast from what i can remember was pretty decent too.
The only fault i could really find with this hotel is the lack of parking. However there is a long stay car park very close by.
I would definately stay here again if i was returning to this part of Manchester!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David_Seed, Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the hotel, we always appreciate guests taking the time to let us know how their stay went with positive feedback or suggesting areas we could improve.

While parking in Manchester city centre can often add an unanticipated cost to a visit to the city when staying at a centrally located hotel, we do offer a discount at two local car parks of 15% at both the NCP Manchester central across from the hotel & also the NCP Bridgewater which while further away is also cheaper, currently at £8.50 for 24 hours after our discount. This discount is available to all guests and can be obtained by validating your ticket with reception during your stay.
If there is anything else we can help you with please let me know.

Deputy General Manger
David_seed@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel, parking is in the NCP car park nearby and is payable,but with a discount if staying in this hotel.
Not ideal but this is the centre of Manchester.
Trams are nearby and we found that it would be easy to get to the Arndale centre,Trafford centre,Old Trafford, TV centres itv and bbc which are located at Media City via the trams.
This hotel is convenient for restaraunts and lots of pubs are in this area.
Really easy to catch a tram from Saint Peters Square 2 mins walk to Piccadilly,one stop ,and here there are many places to find even more shops and restaraunts.

The hotel is clean and tolietries are supplied,handy for a short stay.

The room we had overlooked the back of hotel and bins but one night we dad not mind,the room had tea and coffee making facilities with all provided, A softer pillow was in the wardrobe if needed.We had breakfast at the hotel and it was ok,all the usual continental options and a hot offeringwith fresh breads as well.
All in all a good hotel in a convenient location with polite pleasant and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

One night stay. Made to feel welcome. Room is good size as is bathroom, room has air conditioning. Bar area large, with pleasant interior/exterior seating away from the crowds. Bar staff very helpful and food is tasty, good quality and served quickly. Breakfast area caters for every taste. Overall a stress free pleasant stay with a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Dear guest,

I’m pleased to see such positive comments & we’d be happy to welcome you back, If there is anything else we can help with please let me know.

Deputy General Manger
David_seed@jurysinns.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

So very disappointed in the lack of experience and poor customer service by front of house staff. From the moment I checked in I felt like I was in a faulty tower skit.

They tried to charge my credit card an extra £400 without my authority and then locked me out of my room telling me that there were not sufficient funds in my credit card account. Very happy MasterCard blocked the transaction.

Staff have very little knowledge of the area (ie free street parking from 8pm to 8am) or of any venues, bus or access to trams.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I’m disappointed to hear you didn’t find the staff helpful as we usually get extremely positive comments about the staff in general & strive to promote this level of customer service throughout the hotel & would be keen to hear your feedback if you’d have the time to discuss this. Please accept my apologies if this was not to our usually high standard during your stay.

My reception team have looked into your card being charged for an extra £400 & can assure you that no charge was made, this was an authorisation made to cover your room when your company extended your booking for an additional 4 nights without payment & was released as soon as you settled your account in cash, my apologies if this was not explained to you correctly.

If you’d be available to contact me to further discuss the details of your stay or if there is anything else we can help with please let me know.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Nothing wrong with this hotel at all except perhaps for lack of parking. The superior room we booked was a good size with bath and air con. Could have tv in more convenient place, difficult to view. Parking was in NCP 5 mins walk away £8.50 per night

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Peter W
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at Jurys Inn Manchester for 1 x night last Sunday as my fiancé was graduating at Bridgewater Hall on the Monday Morning and we didn’t fancy arriving in the middle of Monday rush hour. I made the booking for both us and my mother-in-law via Late Rooms a few days earlier and the Room Only Rate of £59.00 plus £10.00 each for breakfast seemed much more appropriate than the £94.00 B&B Rate per person the hotel directly quoted me. Jurys is very close to both Deansgate and Oxford Road Railway Stations and is literally a 2 minute walk from Bridgewater Hall, so we were perfectly situated. We were checked in efficiently and allocated rooms next to each other on the First Floor. The rooms were both a good size, clean and adequately furnished but lighting could have been better. Bathroom was a bit of a squeeze but it was clean and served it’s purpose, though a proper glass shower screen would be better than a curtain. We had both a double and single bed in our room and though both beds were comfortable, the pillows were hard and lumpy. I requested quiet rooms because we wanted to get a good night sleep in order to feel refreshed and enjoy my fiancé’s special day. However, our sleep was disturbed at 2.00am by the sound of furniture being dragged about in the room above. This went on for at least 30 minutes and various noises through the early hours followed from this room such as the running of water in the bath, toilet flushing regularly and various banging noises. When I did eventually get to sleep at 4.00am, I was then awoken at 6.00am by the sound of high heels clip clopping across the floor above us. We met my mother-in-law for breakfast and when we asked if she’d slept well she said no and complained of exactly the same noises we heard. Upon check-out we did complain to the Male Receptionist and I have to say I wasn’t impressed as he made us feel as if we’d both made it up because he couldn’t understand what would have been above us to make that noise. He noted our comments, took my e-mail address and said he would ask the Manager to contact me but as I type this review, I’m still waiting to hear something.

In respect of drinks, the hotel bar looked ok but we decided to opt for the pub down the road called The Brittons Protection and this was a great traditional place with a nice beer garden at the back. Regarding food we booked Evening Dinner on the Sunday in the Hotel Restaurant which is situated on the floor below Reception. Restaurant is quite nice, choice of food on the menu was good and the way it was cooked and presented was to a high standard. Only slight issue was when Waiter placed my meal in front of me, he also had a pen in his hand with the top off, which he accidently brushed against me. He did apologise but it wasn’t until we left the Restaurant that my fiancé noticed an inky pen line across the front of my top, which unfortunately didn’t wash out in the Ladies. Buffet Breakfast next day was served in same Restaurant but in the morning they pulled a curtain to one side, which extended the room making it bigger than the evening before. Breakfast choice was good with fruits, cereals, juices, porridge and croissants etc and my other half said the cooked option was good.

I will visit Manchester again for a night but due to the poor sleep quality at this hotel, I don’t think we would stay at Jurys Inn again as I’m more likely to book the Premier Inn, which was just down the road. Another downside was no parking so guests have to park at the NCP Car Park across the road. What benefit you get though is if you ask the hotel to verify your parking ticket at check-out, it ensures you get a discount to £15.00 for your overnight parking instead of £18.00.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor if you don't want disturbing in the middle of the night from peo...