“Adequate but forgettable”

Ranked #34 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Adequate but forgettable”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was booked in here as it's very convenient for the convention centre. The room was pleasant enough, but had no view due to a high balustrade. It was also very small with barely a foot clearance each side of the double bed, and no seating in the room apart from the dressing table/desk chair.

Although the Internet is free it's so slow as to be unusable with a premium faster service at a rip off charge. It couldn't download iPlayer radio or my daily tablet Guardian.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment, being fully self service from a rather stale buffet.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheSciolist
JurysGM, General Manager at Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel, my sincere apologies for the shortcomings with your stay.

All feedback we receive is very important to us as we find it the best measure on how we are performing and where further improvements can be made.

If there are any other aspects of your stay which you would like to discuss further please contact me by email on chris_broderick@jursyinns.com.

Kind regards

Chris Broderick
Jurys Inn Manchester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great location. Excellent rooms with clean bathroom and powerful shower over bath. Superb "all you can eat" Breakfast. Staff really helpful and friendly. Good night life nearby. Right by the tram system. Bar service good.

1 Thank Nigel B
Egremont, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Well well well, 1st time that I have stayed in the Durys inn Manchester, excellent location for any kind of stay. I was specially pleased has I have a disabled daughter, and the hotel made my life so much easier, from parking, lifts spacious rooms, delightful and pleasant décor. We have a disabled badge and without any hesitation the receptionist gave me a note to place on the windscreen allowing us to park underneath the hotel. Don't look at any other hotels this is the one. Thank-you to all the staff, no hesitation on returning back to this hotel.

Room Tip: the receptionist is excellent at her job, so if you have a room type, ask the receptionist and she w...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write you recent review. It's fantastic to receive such high praise from our guests.

We place a heavy focus on delivering a high level of customer service for all of our guests; it's wonderful to see that the team delivered just that during your stay. I have already shared your review with the team and will ensure it is proudly on display in our staff areas!

When you are next returning to Manchester, please feel free to contact me directly as I would be delighted to assist with your reservation.

Kind Regards

Chris Broderick
Jurys Inn Manchester

chris_broderick@jurysinns.com
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My partner and I had the great pleasure of staying at the Jury's Inn on Friday 15th August (booked under Christopher Quirk).

I have worked as a GM a London hotel for many years and I must applaud your colleagues for their customer service. Particular Alice and Gary who well and truly acted as ambassadors on the behalf of yourself and the Jury's Inn and this was done with a 5* smile and professional mannerism.

I wanted to surprise my partner with flowers and Alice very kindly took care of this and this was with most genuine positive can do attitude. Gary was also so incredibly helpful when checking out. I know it sounds silly but the way he "rounded" up our stay was just out of the txt book but personalised and we both felt that we were dealt with as individuals.

I can well and truly say that I would never hesitate to recommend your hotel any friends, family or business relations.

I trust that you're well and that you will pass on our appreciation to all of your staff but Alice and Gary in particular.

Kind regards

Kenneth & Christopher

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Jurys in. Situated in the centre of Manchester. Very friendly staff and willing to help in every way. The room and bathroom were comfortable and clean. I would recommend to anyone to stay there.

1 Thank Panos C
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The thing that stood out for us was the friendliness of the staff. There was a large crowd checking in all at once and the staff (including a trainee) didn't show any stress but dealt with everyone courteously and without making them feel rushed. Nice clean room also, and good location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Pewsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Location, location, location and front of house staff really helpful. Rooms well appointed. Only disappointment was restaurant where the snack I had was burnt and had to go back. I'm sure that was a blip. No hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: Probably best to be at the rear, not facing the road, based on last two visits. Car parking is a pro...