“Brilliant, even for a none veggie”

Greens Restaurant - Didsbury
Ranked #110 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, even for a none veggie”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife is a vegetarian and I booked Greens as a treat and a night out for her birthday. On arrival we were greeted and shown to our table, the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere which greets you as soon as you walk in.
The menu was varied and exciting, even for me as an avid meat eater!
The whole experience was lovely and I would certainly love to return one day to try some of the other dishes. When work and money allow me! :-)
Thank you!

• Visited February 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Always a Good Standard”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Went yesterday for a late lunch. Food as usual, was very good. A fried halloumi starter had a beautiful tapanade dressing, whilst my wife had the perennial favourite of the deep fried oyster mushrooms. We both had a Sunday Roast, which is a very generous portion of nut roast, and all the accomps. Very satisfying. The desserts here are always good, and the rhubarb and strawberry eton mess was excellent.
As usual, a really good dining experience.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday and we had a wonderful time. The service was impeccable, the atmosphere lovely and the food was superb. I had the mushroom pancakes and the tagine- both were beautifully cpoked and cleverly flavoured. My husband had the aubergine salad and beetroot parcel which he thoroughly enjoyed. The staff were attentive and knowledgeable- overall, I had a very special birthday meal. Definitely recommended!

“we loved it!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I dont know why we didnt come accross this place before. We live on the other side of manchester, it was over 25miles to drive, but it was absolutely worth it. Great welcome by lovely staff, making you feel at home straight away. Lovely choice of food (menu is short, but what an imagination!!). Even a starter of deep fried mushrooms was something we hadnt experienced anywhere before. Mains delicious, each plate was a piece of art. Desserts - just the right size of portions and again, heaven for testebuds.
cant wait to go there again! Thank you Greens xx

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Green for "you must go"”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Booked Greens via the online system which worked well! Arrived to a busy and bustling Resturant but were shown to our table straight away. The menu is a mix of sharing plates, starters and mains with an excellent selection of accompanying wines. All the menu options are vegetarian - and even the most unconvertable of meat lovers would be hard pressed not to find something on the menu they liked!
Despite the Resturant being full the service was attentive and at a good pace. We ordered some breads and olives to start with a plate of halloumi - mains of Chinese mushrooms, Moroccan Stew and goats cheese bake was fantastic and good portion sizes. Staff topped classes and checked occasionally if we were ok - as expected for a Resturant at this price. Deserts are fantastic - leave space! Will be returning here soon as everytime I've been I've never been disappointed.
If you're planning on driving, parking is on the road but doesn't detract at all from this very different and tasty Resturant in the noise of chain diners and restaurants. Go - give it a go!

Visited November 2013