“Very Pleasant stay”

Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 3 July 2011

we styaed june 10th-12th 2011 for a weekend. after spending a long time trying to find a nice place to stay i noticed the Weekend deal on marrioot's website (only place to see these rates I think), £250 for the weekend incluidng a meal one night and the buffet breakfast. to my surpirse the meal was lovely! great attempt at fine dining and couldnt fault it, apart from being too full to enjoy my pudding. After this being one of those hotels where you seem to get either "best" or "worst ever" I upgraded our room using my reward points to give us a better chance of success. I think this worked as that basically puts you on the top floor so less chance of noise I guess. Room was usual marriott and very comfy bed and bedding. I took earplugs after all the reviews about noise, but didnt need them. Staff very helpful. Buffet breakfast was lovely both mornings, not sure what people complain about! Perhaps it's down to luck and perhaps the number of staff on. no compliants here. Can recommend based on my upgraded room and also the all-in weekend rate beat or compared to most others cheaper hotels in Manchester for £250 all-in.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2011

I regularly stay at Marriott Hotels, but report that this hotel was very disappointing!

My room had a dreadful smell, and therefore I had to open the windows all day to ensure the room was fresh for the evening.

In addition to the poor standard of room, the breakfast quality was poor.

Having stayed at lots of Marriott hotels I wrote to the Management , however, sadly there response to my feedback was unsympathetic.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here saturday 11 jun, we have booked in here before and so decided to do again.
I booked 3 rooms for myself and wife,mum and sister. The location is excellent, as my wife wanted to go and check where Take That were staying. They were across the road which was very handy. The service couldnt be faulted, breakfast was excellent value they had a deal on 15.00 for 2 full breakfasts.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I attended the hotel for two days in June 2011 for a business meeting for 14 delegates. I should have stayed there as well, but, due to a mysterious change in reservations, my booking was transferred (without my knowledge) to the nearby (8 minute walk) Marriott Renaissance instead of the V&A. The Boardroom used onthe first day was rather claustrophobic, with no windows at all, even internal ones. On the second day we moved to a much better meeting room, of similar size, and with a glass internal wall.

Refreshments during the day were first class; the bacon butties went down very well, as did the "home made" cookies and other snacks. The lunch buffet on each day was well above the usual standard for conference fare in such hotels.

Service from all the staff we encountered was first class; the V&A is certainly wiorth looking in to for a meeting /conference venue in Manchester.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed here with a group of girlfriends for our Take That weekend. Lovely hotel. Rooms were lovely. You can open the windows to get fresh air! Slightly out of town centre so not too noisy. Beds were so comfy - great night's sleep. Staff were lovely, very helpful and courteous. 2 minutes walk from Spinningfields for plenty of bars and restaurants. 5 minutes walk into town centre. Opposite the Granada TV studios. Breakfast was fab. Would definately stay again. Thanks Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beanie283
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The three things that
I particularly like about this hotel, having stayed here three times now, are the staff, the location by the canal and the quirky rooms which owe their design to the fact that the hotel was originally a warehouse. The room was spacious and had a large metal post in it, which added character if also a slight hazard for the unwary!

Breakfast is a very good spread of the usual fresh fruit, cereal and hot selection, all very high quality, and the bonus of looking over the canal, watching cormorants and a lone kingfisher...

The staff are welcoming and helpful, and whilst parking is at a premium, there is a valet service. I plan to stay here again for my next business trip.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Tandannik
Reviewed 5 June 2011

From the moment you arrive & the concierge takes your car to park it for you, you are just wowed by the look of the hotel, the wonderful grand reception area and the professional staff.

We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel and would certainly return, we were graced with beautiful sunny weather and the outside decking area for drinks was fantastic. The bar staff were attentive and remembered your drinks order without asking.

We tried the bar food and again all four of us were happy with our meals, the breakfast was excellent and the restaurant/ breakfast area was very nicely done with soft seating and good decoration.

We found the location of the hotel to be very good with an short stroll into the main town area with lots of choice of shops, bars & restaurants.

Our only complaints would be with the rooms, our room had a broken iron which was replaced instantly once reported we also reported the room safe note working and the air conditioning not blowing cold but neither of them were fixed during our stay which meant terrible sleep due to the room being so so hot.

Parking for your car will cost £14 per night but you are in a central location.

I hope this helps you with choosing this hotel and I hope the sun is shinning when you visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple