We spent a weekend in the Manchester Marriott V&A. It is a nice hotel, the good thing is that it lacks the typical big chain hotel feeling as it’s built into an old warehouse and the old structures like the wooden beams and the brick walls are visible throughout the building. But this also means that the ceiling is quite low and the windows in the room small. Apart from that the rooms offer standard Marriott comfort (which is very good), but are not very large. When you have a room with a door to an adjacent room you can hear every little noise from there-do avoid those rooms if you are a light sleeper.
The breakfast was ok but nothing special, the coffee was bad. We didn’t try the restaurant for dinner. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
There seem to be a lot of weddings in the hotel, there was one on both evenings when we stayed so we had some nice entertainment when we were at the good bar for a goodnight drink.
The hotel is located a bit out of the center, it’s a 15 min walk to Piccadilly Gardens. But shopping and dining can also be found nearby in the Spinningfields area. The MOSI, which is well worth a visit, is very close by.
The only really negative point was that my Marriott Gold status was not honoured (except for the internet access where the computer made the descision…), I had to pay for breakfast (no lounge), the newspaper (first time in my life with Marriott as far as I can remember) and of course got no room upgrade.
We got a cheap weekend rate so overall it was very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Expedia, Prestigia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott