Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,960 results
All reviewswooden beamsconverted warehousegranada studioslovely hotelcity centrespinning fieldsoriginal featuresupgraded to a suitean upgradecar parkinglovely roomreception staffstayed for one nightbars and restaurantshotel barafternoon teaspinningfields
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Great location just minutes from shops, bars etc.
Very nice entrance and lobby but room booked still not available at 3.30pm which is a bit late but they upgraded us which was a nice touch so no complaints.
Room was large with two double beds, very clean and modern as was the bathroom, only criticism poor hospitality tray. Beds were incredibly soft which I thought would be a problem but I slept like a babe and felt like I was on a cloud not a squeak or creak all night in fact hotel was very quiet.

Restaurant however a different matter, my husband had the set menu which he said was ok but hot thrilling and I ordered from the a la carte - big mistake. Firstly the menu was dogeared and grubby, some items not available but not told until after you ordered. Overall think enthusiastic amateur not chef, heavy handed seasoning, tough cold meat and its accompaniment yet scalding hot veg. We both ordered cheese as the dessert but were again disappointed as only two small wedges one yellow and one reddish colour both absolutely tasteless.

Breakfast was no better in fact it was the worst breakfast I have every eaten in any establishment. Poor choice of cereals, continental items, cooked breakfast comprised of cold over stewed mushrooms, cold bacon, undercooked crumbled hash browns, cold over cooked beans - dreadful. Bearing in mind breakfast should be £17.50 each laughable.

If it had just been the evening meal we might have considered staying here again but with that breakfast no way.

Service wasn't very good either staff very friendly but wandering around aimlessly either over attentive whipping away items not yet done with or forgetting what you asked for ie bread rolls or butter etc. Think they are self trained.

If you do have to stay here only eat items that do not involve the chef ie yogurt

Room Tip: Top floor of course.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

As a Marriott Member and having been a guest here with my wife and friends many times over 20 years I expected a better room. (Paid £159 !!!) for a small room (no mini bar but didn't want one - the cupboard was an empty void) especially as the hotel was nowhere near full. Woke and opened the curtains to find a painter's face looking in at me who was standing on the scaffolding (we were on the 4th floor), could have been embarrassing. Breakfast average. One of only 2 slow lifts was not working.
Staff excellent, location to centre of Manchester and Opera House Theatre excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I have been down Deansgate that side of Manchester before and never come across this hotel until I booked it through a 3rd party website and realised where it was. The hotel is a old warehouse converted into a lovely hotel. The reception is realy classy yet with a modern twist and our room 325 was lovely it was a deluxe room and it was definatly well worth the rate we paid. It was my birthday too so they left a birthday card in the room for me, which I thought was a lovely little gesture. The room had a kingsize bed and a sofa and a chair so it was really big. There was one thing that I didnt like which the hotel couldnt help but the ceilings are really really low. Im 6ft 2 tall and I couldnt have a shower without having to bend my head. Would stay there again happily

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Manchester Marriott in many ways differs from your typical hotel of this chain. It is located in a repurposed mid-19th century warehouse. This gives it a special charm, which I always like. E.g. the wooden beams supporting the structure are visible in the ceiling of many public spaces. Also, the hotel restaurant (for breakfast and other meals) is much cosier than you typically expect in a Marriott. The down-side of this is the ceilings are somewhat low. Nevertheless, the interior of the room was otherwise what you expect from this hotel group.
The hotel is located within walking distance from the technology museum.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Free Wifi use in the public areas, but for a fee only in guestrooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We know manchester so like to avoid the hotels right in the centre. This hotel is in a great location, quietly away from the hustle. It is next to Spinningfields, which has a range of restaurants and bars. You can pick the free metro shuttle bus up here too. It is also next to Mosi and just a short walk from Deansgate. The hotel itself was really nice, very polite and helpful staff. Easy check in and valet parking of our car. Car parking is £16 per overnight stay, but you can go beyond the 24 hours. Breakfast seemed quite pricey so we went to Spinningfields instead. Rooms were clean and well presented, ours was quite large in comparison to some that we peaked in. I would definitely stay here again. We booked through the Priceline bidding website and got a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple