This is the first review I have ever written, but feel so upset that I felt I ought to alert future visitors of the level of service they might encounter at his hotel.
My wife & I booked a night in this hotel as we were going to a concert in Manchester. We were attracted to a "feel good Friday" deal which offered a stay on a Friday night including a pizza and a bottle of wine in your room and breakfast the next day for just £99. This was more than we would usually pay but as it was a special occasion we decided to go for what we thought was a quality hotel.
Our problems started at check in which was conducted in a cold and unhelpful manner. We were told if we wanted our pizza & wine in our room there was now an extra charge, but this wouldn't be the case it we had it in the restaurant. So we went to the restaurant which was less than half full, but were shooed out into the bar as "the restaurant is full". We asked two members of staff if we could have our "pizza and wine" but neither seemed to know what we were talking about. One told us to sit down and they would ask a supervisor. Some time later she returned to us holding a half bottle of wine in each hand asking if we wanted red or white. A bit taken aback we said red. We were left for a while, until the "supervisor" appeared and said there wasn't a menu so what did we want in our pizza. Again taken aback, my wife asked for ham and mushroom and I said tuna and peppers. The supervisor then told us we only got one pizza - we would have to share it between us. My wife asked if we could have all the ingredients on the one pizza and was told yes. I asked if we were getting just a half bottle of wine but was told that the wines we had been shown were a mistake and we would get a full bottle. This was delivered but was totally different to the half bottle we had been shown earlier. What was even more worrying was that it had been opened before being brought to us and the cork was not brought with it. I was quite concerned by this, but no wanting to cause a scene I let it go. We waited about another quarter of an hour then the supervisor returned to tell us that the chef had used all the peppers in his pasta and anyway he didn't think it was appropriate to use them in pizzas. So we changed the order from peppers to onion. Some time later the pizza eventually appeared, but by then we were so upset that it was not the enjoyable experience we had been so looking forward to.
We then went up to our room which was not what we had been promised. The "feel good Friday" package guaranteed a king sized or two double beds, but our room only had a double bed - indeed it would have been impossible to fit 2 beds into the room as it was so small. The promised bath robes were not in the room and the bath was covered in dirty scratches.
We decided to just write off the experience and were able to enjoy our visit to Manchester and our concert.
However when we checked out came the final insult The gentleman at reception asked the usual question about whether we had enjoyed our stay and I replied that it had been disappointing He replied with such sincerity that I should tell him about it that I briefly hold him what had gone wrong. Unfortunately his only response was to say if I had issues, then they should be addressed in the customer satisfaction email the company would send me. I guess I should have made more of an issue of it, but frankly I just wanted to get out of the place and there was a queue behind us due to the lack of staff on reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott