My partner and I stayed here for our 5th anniversary (of being together) and overall we enjoyed our stay.
We arrived early so our room wasn't ready but the reception staff were friendly and warm and directed us to the concierge where we could leave our bags and explore the city. The concierge (I can't remember his name but his badge said he was from India) was really friendly and helpful, providing us with a city map.
CHECK IN/ ROOM
We returned and was checked in my the lovely reception staff. Our room was a junior suite and had a lovely big bed and a separate sitting room. The original beams of the building were a nice touch. Certain areas were in need of modernising and the sofa had marks and stains which were off putting. The bathroom had a worrying noise coming from it which was quite loud. It wasn't a massive issue but after the maintenance guy took a look we were offered a different room, which turned out to be an upgrade! The same member of staff that checked us in took us to the room and couldn't apologise enough. She said that because it was a special occasion her manager had agreed to upgrade us. We really appreciated this as we wanted to try this room type. It was a duplex suite with an upstairs bedroom and toilet and a downstairs living room and bathroom. The room was stylish but if i had paid full whack would have been slightly disappointing (only 1 tv remote for 2 tv's, upstairs shower was old and didn't work, no dressing gowns, thin walls). Plus, in both rooms there were no mini bar and a very sparse tea/coffee selection.
We ordered room service which we was really pleased with. Good quality, tasty and good value (3 courses £20 each + £3 tray charge).
Breakfast- Seemed very disorganised but don't know if that's because it was new years day. Buffet style breakfast. Bread was stale and there were a lot of people so things run out quickly but the hot breakfast and fruit selection was lovely. Another picky note, took a very long time for our hot drink order to be taken and we didn't receive any milk or sugar.
Good location on the canal. About 15-20 minute to main shopping area.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly although a little disorganised in places. Rooms need updating in areas but the lobby was very modern and welcoming. Thanks for sorting out our first room issue! This was greatly appreciated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Prestigia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott