Stayed over last night following a visit to see Evita at the Palace.
We were met on arrival by the concierge who sorted out the car parking for us and the reception staff were very friendly and professional.
As we'd booked a rewards package only we were then asked if we wanted breakfast and took an upgrade to a junior suite with breakfast included.
The bed was huge and comfortable and the room was very spacious but in a junior suite I'd really expect one of the spaces reserved for a fridge to actually include one and ideally for that to be a mini bar.
We used room service and the food was good with service complete in a reasonable timeframe.
The bathroom was a little disappointing, I'm not particularly tall but when stood in the shower my head was almost scraping the roof....I get that this is an old building (and it is lovely) but other areas of the room are slightly higher so this problem could be avoided with planning. The bottom of the bath was also showing signs of wear and the sink taps were quite chipped.
These are fairly minor points but ones I feel need to be addressed (I guess the ceiling issue is what it is) in an establishment of this standing.
Final point...when we went down for breakfast I had to wIt for Eggs, by the time they arrived the Bacon had gone....I asked the Chef who said it was on the grill and asked where I was sat as he would bring it over to me....a nice touch....but after several minutes of wait I went back to the buffet and it had been trooped up but no sign if the table delivery I'd been offered.
I do like Marriotts though and will almost certainly return again as I have done previously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott