Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
  • Room Service
US$119
US$108
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$112
US$95
  • Free Internet
1,985 results
All reviewswooden beamsconverted warehousegranada studioslovely hotelcity centrespinning fieldsoriginal featuresupgraded to a suitean upgradecar parkinglovely roomreception staffstayed for one nightbars and restaurantshotel barafternoon teaspinningfields
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

From arrival at 11.00am hotel looks impressive told room would not be ready till later noon returned to check in at 3.20pm advised room would not be ready for a futher 45 minutes expecting to meet friends at 6.00pm what should have been a relaxing breakaway is quickly turning into a hectic rush with no relaxation time feel very disappointed

• Stayed: March 2014
Bethan J, General Manager at Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Opoll,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review following your stay with us last year.

I am sorry that on the day in question your room was not available for check in. Our check in time is 4pm but we do always try our best to assist those that arrive early, however on the day prior the hotel was full and so unfortunately this was not an option.

However, I would like to thank you again for your comments, all feedback whether positive or negative enables us to reflect on what we do and train our staff accordingly. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
Richard

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was in Manchester for 2 days for football during the middle of March.
and the hotel was ok.
did the job.
clean place to sleep with a nice clean bathroom and a nice breakfast.
the bed was horrible though, moved all over the place and offered minimal support.
I felt no need to mention it as I was tired when we arrived and didn't want to change rooms nor have to deal with a mattress being fiddled with ( I was also only there for 2 nights)
but my point is... 4 star!!?? i don;t think so.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for one night in a deluxe room and loved it. The room was beautiful and everything was clean. The bed was comfortable and just what I expected. The breakfast buffet was delicious too! Friendly staff too. Overall, would stay again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed over last night following a visit to see Evita at the Palace.
We were met on arrival by the concierge who sorted out the car parking for us and the reception staff were very friendly and professional.
As we'd booked a rewards package only we were then asked if we wanted breakfast and took an upgrade to a junior suite with breakfast included.
The bed was huge and comfortable and the room was very spacious but in a junior suite I'd really expect one of the spaces reserved for a fridge to actually include one and ideally for that to be a mini bar.
We used room service and the food was good with service complete in a reasonable timeframe.
The bathroom was a little disappointing, I'm not particularly tall but when stood in the shower my head was almost scraping the roof....I get that this is an old building (and it is lovely) but other areas of the room are slightly higher so this problem could be avoided with planning. The bottom of the bath was also showing signs of wear and the sink taps were quite chipped.
These are fairly minor points but ones I feel need to be addressed (I guess the ceiling issue is what it is) in an establishment of this standing.
Final point...when we went down for breakfast I had to wIt for Eggs, by the time they arrived the Bacon had gone....I asked the Chef who said it was on the grill and asked where I was sat as he would bring it over to me....a nice touch....but after several minutes of wait I went back to the buffet and it had been trooped up but no sign if the table delivery I'd been offered.

I do like Marriotts though and will almost certainly return again as I have done previously.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I attended a fantastic Bollywood evening at the V&A last Friday night, it was a charity event to raise funds for 'Kidneys for Life'. It was one of the nicest evenings I've had in a long time. Food, Wine, Bollywood dancers and lots of fund raising - a great evening that couldn't have gone any better thanks largely due to a very well trained and highly professional staff.

As soon as we entered the hotel lobby, we were greeted by one of the hotel staff and made to feel very special and extremely welcome before being directed into the hotel's cocktail lounge.

The standard of the décor and furnishings at this hotel is very high, with a lot of attention to detail.

I have to say that the food served at the event wasn't as good as we had anticipated, (Indian dishes as to be expected, given the theme of the evening) I wouldn't want to imply here that the food in general is not of the highest standard at the V&A. I would need to dine at the hotel again on a couple of occasions in order to provide a truly informed opinion of the culinary standards. There was nothing wrong with the food per se, we just felt that it was of quite a mediocre standard.

We ended the evening in the beautiful cocktail bar where the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. Calm, classy, sophisticated, incredibly comfortable and even intimate. The staff too are very friendly and highly efficient. I would quite happily visit the V&A more often for drinks with friends at this lovely bar.

Our overall experience of the V&A - even though our visit didn't extend to sampling the accommodation - was FIVE STAR!

I rate this hotel and its staff - FIVE STAR!

Room Tip: Not applicable as we were only attending for an evening event in aid of Kidney for Life.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends