Stayed here 12th to 13th June with friends in order to visit the ITV studios (Corrie backstage tour) and shopping.
Booked woiith Bookings.com and recieved upgrade to include parking & breakfast on arrival, very welcom!
The present road works and road closures due to ITV's World Cup extravaganza do cause a little difficulty in finding the place but you just need to follow the diversion signs all the way.
The hotel is in the best position for everything as the studios are 2 minutes walk and Deansgate and the Arndale centre are also just minutes away therefore we had our car parked at a very reasonable rate and forgot about it until we checked out.
Impressive hotel in converted warehouse with many original features retained which added to the charm of the Hotel.
We had a very comfortable spacious room with excellent facilities.
We also caused a little problem when we checked in and wanted to use a debit card but I must admit it was sorted out straight away and we were allowed to charge food etc to our room after a phone call from the restaurant to the reception.
There was also a wedding on at the time of our arrival on Friday but this did not cause any problems apart from the restaurant being empty except from the 4 of us and 1 other couple, however the service was a little slow considering the amount of customers but the waitress was very pleasant and we all agreed the food was very good , we had the lamb, good portion size and very tasty. Starters and deserts all were very good too.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of the usual cold and excellent cooked choices.
We found all of the staff to be very helpful and could not do enough especially the Concierge who at 5 pm on Saturday painstakingly tried to get a table for 4 at a restaurant for 7.30 pm that evening and eventually managed to get us in to San Carlo that was simply excellent and obviously THE place to eat in town, so a big thankyou to him.
In all a very comfortable stay in a surprisingly well run Marriott City Hotel.
We would not hesitate to return here or recommend a stay here, as long as these standards are maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields area, and Palace Theatre. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott