Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
US$178
US$161
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
US$95
  • Free Internet
1,963 results
All reviewswooden beamsconverted warehousegranada studioslovely hotelcity centrespinning fieldsoriginal featuresupgraded to a suitean upgradecar parkinglovely roomreception staffstayed for one nightbars and restaurantshotel barafternoon teaspinningfields
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a birthday surprise for my husband after reading previous reviews on trip advisor. Our stay was fantastic from the moment we arrived until the minute we left. The staff were very pleasant and very helpful. The room was as expected, nice size, very comfortable beds and especially quiet for such a large hotel (no slamming doors, people running past etc)
Breakfast was exceptional with lots of choice and good quality.
Ideally situated for ease of getting around Manchester City centre and attractions,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stay at this really nice hotel last week and when I check in I was met by really nice staff which made me feel more than welcome.
The room I got was of perfect size for a business trip and the cleanness of the room was as I should done it my self. It is only 1 thing I miss and that was a fridge so I could a few cold bottle of waters.
The hotel's breakfast was also of very good quality and the morning atmosphere was a perfect start of the day.
Regarding the hotel's location could that not been better for a frequent traveler.

Therefore based on this I can recommend this hotel to all traveler which like have a good hotel.

BR from a frequent traveler from Moss, Norway (DE1962)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

stayed here on 01/07/2014 having booked a Junior suite.The definition of a suite is more than 1 room but not @ this hotel.The web site room description states amenities include
2 telephones(only 1 provided)
2 televisions(only 1 provided)
1 sofa(none)
2 chairs(only 1 provided)
The hotel was revamped in 2005 & i assume the windows in our "SUITE" were cleaned when the revamp took place.We had booked a room with river view but were not told upon booking that the view was overlooking a building site.
The standard of cleanliness was fair other than the TV stand was thick with dust & & windows opaque with grime.The only good thing was a good bed & pillows.
Would i stay here again.That's a NO

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david c
VA_Manchester, General Manager at Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear David,

May I sincerely apologise for what turns out to be, on thorough investigation, to be a mistake when allocating your room. You had indeed booked a Junior Suite but you were allocated a Executive Room in error. I would like the opportunity to restore your faith in us, either by way of compensation or by offering you a return stay, discounted accordingly where we can demonstrate our true colours.

I have also passed on your other comments to our Executive Head Housekeeper.

If you could contact me at the hotel, at your convenience, I would be very grateful.

Yours faithfully,

Richard Grove

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Arrived at the hotel early afternoon, before check in time. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. Our room wasn't ready, but we had expected this due to our early arrival. Our car was valet parked and our bags were taken in for storage so we could go shopping for the afternoon. We arrived back at the hotel to find our room ready and after a pleasant conversation with the receptionist we went to our room. 20 minutes later, there was a knock on the door, it was one of the hotel staff with a plateful of strawberries, marshmallows and chocolate brownies. It was only then we remembered we'd told the receptionist that it was my wife's birthday and that we were in town to watch Robbie Williams. What a lovely surprise this was. The whole stay from beginning to end was comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable. I look forward to staying here again very soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

From arriving at the hotel the staff was wonderful. Very friendly. Very approachable. Our check in was fast and room was ready. After a long train ride from London was nice to check in and have our room ready. The 2 ladies at the front desk ( sorry I forgot the names) were fantastic. We had problems with our tv the second night there and the gentleman at the front desk that worked the evening shift was very helpful and moved us into a new room. With out any questions asked. He went above and beyond for us. Thank you so much. I'm so sorry I forgot the names. You made our stay very good. The breakfast was good. The location was easy to find. Went to the One Direction concert and again the ladies were very helpful with giving us directions. I would surely return to this property if I do ever decide to visit Manchester again. Thank you so much for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family