We visited this hotel last year and it was fine....booked again.....big mistake. We booked for two nights and the room we were in at first had obviously been used as a smoking room previously. Although the hotel is now non-smoking, I could just feel and smell that it had been a smoking room before.
Dinner was dreadful, no other word for it. There was a wedding on and boy did we know it. Service in the restaurant was appalling ......we were told 'because of the wedding'. Not acceptable. The chairs in the dining room were filthy, no other word for it. I told one of the waiters. .....not remotely interested or apologetic.
Got about 3 hours sleep the first night. Wedding music went on until the early hours.....bang bang bang. The when I finally drifted off to sleep, woke to what I thought was someone being killed. Turned out it was a couple in the next room shagging. Nothing the hotel could do about that, but on top of her screaming her head off, the bed was squeaking so loudly....hideous. Eventually drifted off to sleep again, only to be woken at around 6 am with lorries being unloaded outside, clinking of metal (no idea what was happening) , people chatting loudly in the yard. Turns out our room overlooked the back of the hotel and so this was obviously the delivery point. The couple next door must have woken with this noise, so started shagging again. Luckily my ten year old managed to sleep through most of the noise, but I felt so tired I could have cried.
Complained at reception that morning and after a lot of persuasion the assistant manager agreed to refund me for that night. I asked to be moved to a different part of the hotel for the next night....after some discussion she advised me that there was another party on that night too, which wasn't due to finish til 1am and frankly nowhere in the hotel would be immune from the noise.....great.
In the end the room we were allocated was over the entrance to the hotel. We couldn't hear the music, but we could hear clearly the groups of people smoking and chatting out there til the early hours. A complete and utter nightmare and a I will NOT be booking there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the vibrant Manchester city centre on the banks of the River Irwell, the Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel in England exudes a historical charm. Our cozy 4-star Manchester hotel's location across from Granada Television Studios is ideal, as guests enjoy a short and pleasant stroll to the Opera House, Spinningfields and Deansgate areas and Palace Theatre. Very convenient to reach the Manchester United and Manchester City football grounds. Since our Manchester city center hotel's origin was a warehouse built in 1844, you will find many authentic details in our guest rooms including exposed brick and oak beams. Our £3 million renovation in 2014 highlights the old architecture and new contemporary flair, along with modern comforts and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Manchester Victoria And Albert Hotel
- Marriott Manchester Victoria Albert Hotel
- Manchester Marriott