“Great hotel”

Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
Ranked #22 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great hotel and location. Newly refurbished and well worth a visit. Excellent service and convenient for all of central manchester restaurants, shopping and business. Quiet location by canal. Friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,907)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I Worked here for 10 Years, before i retired as Conference and Banqueting Manager, So when I proposed to my Fiancee, I Knew exactly where we were going have our Wedding Reception, and the V & A was just the place, Great Food, Great Wine, Great Service, Excellent Facilities and Grounds for Pictures, Amongst my guest were many hoteliers, so i knew things just had to be right and the Hotel did me proud, and the Champagne and Rose petals in our Room was just the icing on the cake, fantastic touch to what was just the best day ever, we did not want it to end, Every single member of the Hotel team are very professional, This Hotel will always hold a special place in my heart forever, Well done guys and we look forward to attending your New Years Eve Gala Dinner Dance, Oh and I Love the Refurbished Bedrooms, Keep up the Good work, Nice to see the New Management Team are keeping the Hotel in Great Shape, Loved it

Room Tip: All Rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank imccaffery
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great hotel, our room was beautiful upgraded to a junior suite worth every penny the bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in very relaxing. Hotel had a great atmosphere. Breakfast there was alot of choice and very tasty. Will stay here again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I treated my mum to a break on the cobbles of Coronation Street, and also a night at the Marriot hotel. From the moment we arrived until the time we departed nothing was too much for the staff. We visited the bar on the night we arrived, and ordered the special off that was offer. My mum felt very special and the lovely comfortable beds we had were amazing. Great rooms with lovely view as well as good decor, the following morning we had a great cooked breakfast and then visited Coronation Street. I would certainly use the hotel again if I were to be staying in Manchester again, 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: We had 317 which was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here on Saturday night with my husband. This is our favourite hotel in Manchester. Its location is great - quiet area so no outside noise yet 5 minutes walk from town. Comfy beds & well appointed bedroom & bathroom. Great breakfasts & friendly efficient service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rothwell40
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the V&A for our 10th wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. The reception area is stunning and the corridors with their low ceilings and exposed beams have been refurbished beautifully - while maintaining the features of the old building.
The standard double room was small but well appointed - again with the exposed beams and brickwork of the original building.
The hotel's location is excellent for Manchester city centre - It is definitely the closest hotel to the Coronation Street tour and it ideal for Spinningfields, The Opera House, Deansgate, Castlefield and therefore for shopping and nightlife.
The staff were fantastic and extremely professional.
The bar comfortable and not overly expensive.
If I have any criticisms (and they are few) parking is expensive; the exposed beams in the rooms naturally collect dust and were quite dusty and the air-con wasn't great.
Would any of the above stop me staying here again - definitely not.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Second time I've stayed here for a night - happy to stay there again. It's a longish (1.3 miles) walk from Manchester Piccadilly Station but quite a good way to see parts of the city. A friendly welcome on checking-in always helps. I'd booked a large two-room suite with a good-sized bathroom on floor 4. The bed didn't seem like the normal US Marriott which is quite firm - this one was a bit more giving. Very quiet - the room looked out over a rather uninspiring river scene and a building works. Good breakfast with a reasonable amount of choice included in the deal. The hotel is a short walk from the Museum of Science and Industry and just round the corner from the Coronation Street Tour! There are several restaurants within a short walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo