Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
US$125
Doubletree
US$125
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$127
US$115
Travelocity
6,301 results
All reviewsbusiness classmanchester airportbusiness loungecovered walkwayrunway viewan early flightunder coverstart your holidayour honeymoonnext morningmain restaurantsuperior roommini bargood nights sleepovernight staycar parkingstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Faced with an early start en route to Inverness from Geneva we chose to stay overnight at the Radisson. I've used the hotel a number of times over the last few years and 'it does exactly what it says on the tin '. This is a good quality, business hotel with fair sized, well appointed rooms, with all the usual extras and a few nice touches such as Nespresso coffee machine. We opted for an executive double which included breakfast, minibar. The rooms are themed by floor and the Italian variant is quirky and a pleasant change from the normal shoe box shaped rooms. The biggest plus for the Radisson is that it's linked directly to T1 via a covered walkway,( 7- 10 mins ) with T3 a further 5 mins via a well marked Pedestrian route outside the terminal but again with covered walkways. NB Terminal 2 is not linked to the hotel and needs shuttle bus or Cab.
Check in was smooth and painless and we took the option to join up to the Radisson loyalty scheme which provides a small discount on extras charged to the room . All in all an ideal stop over location ..and certainly better than the other 'on airport' options in terms of Quality and Convenience. It's a little more pricy but in my view you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Each floor has a different theme. Italian is recommended.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Good location and v close to the airport. Check in was apinfully slow and checking out was the same. They couldn't confirm that the room had been paid for so I ended up using the receptionists personal phone to call to hotel booking people. Car parking is good but beware people leave their cars anywhere so you might get blocked in as we did.

Room as ok (Nautical theme) but was tired. Reasonably clean but in need of updating. Air con didnt work and after a few calls to reception they provided a fan. Room was way too hot and unable to cool it down.

Food in hotel was ok and not really much selection. Breakfast was good and plenty of choice.

Health club advertised as open from 6 but still wasn't open at 8.

If I had to stay in the area again I would stay in the Premier Inn.

Raddisson Blu - Could do better!

Room Tip: Ask if the room is on the south side. If its warm ask for a north facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

What a perfectly placed hotel, it is just short walk to terminal 2 means you have plenty of time to get there for an early flight.
We arrived early for our 2 o’clock check in and were told we would have to wait and to be honest the reception staff were less than helpful or professional and very much more intrested in the footballer checking in next to us!
We had spa treatments booked so we spoke to the spa and they called up to the hotel reception and asked could we check in earlier due to our treatments and this was magically arranged...strange how we were told that no rooms were ready!.
The room had a great view of the runway, was clean and the bathroom was well kept. Some of the fixtures and fittings in the room were looking a little tired but the beds were comfy and if you are looking for somewhere to save time and be convenient before your flight then this is the hotel for you.
My husband and I had a treatment each in the spa, the treatments were amazing and we had a complimentary glass of champagne. I would highly recommend this if you have the time and the staff in the spa were polite, professional and extremely helpful.
All in all this was a nice stay and I would stay here again when catching an early flight.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel is on the covered walkway that links all three terminals and the station so it could not be more convenient for an early start. I tend to arrive late and just stay in my room as my earlier two experiences in the restaurant were not great. Having said that, my husband thought it was fine the time we were both staying there and the restaurant in pleasant enough. I do not take the breakfast as it is (or was on an earlier stay) very expensive. The rooms are nice though - modern, stylish and cool (in the temperature sense!) and with a kettle and free wifi. I was looking toward the airport and did not hear any noise. The bathroom is shiny and clean as well and everything works.

If you do not plan to eat or drink in the hotel you can check out as you check in and avoid any waiting in the morning. I have never had to wait for more than one person checking in but I have seen short queues at other times. It seems pretty efficient. It is a very relaxing experience to stay this close to the airport - no trains to wait for at the last minute or traffic to negotiate. I can recommend this as a way to start either a business trip or holiday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. Thank you very much for your recent stay! I am glad you enjoyed your overall visit in the hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Used the Park and Fly option prior to a transatlantic flight. Handing over and collecting the car was a doddle. We stayed in a standard room overlooking the airport which was ideal. Noise was minimal and did not disturb us at all. In fact we're pretty sure that had we selected a room overlooking the hotel entrance and T2 drop off area it would have been more noisy. We had an evening bar meal in pleasant surroundings. The food was good with a nice selection on the menu. We did not take breakfast as we had an early check-in (ate breakfast airside). From the front door of the hotel to the check-in desks was just a 2 - 3 minute walk - undercover with travelators for the less energetic.All round an excellent way to start your trip. We will definitely use this hotel in future.

Room Tip: We think rooms overlooking the airport are the best
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanetandIan99
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport. What a delightful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back!