“No complaints”

Ranked #13 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“No complaints”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here last year the night before flying out to the Caribean and had no complaint whateverl,We asked if we could have a smoking room and no problem whats so ever...It paid off big time as we went to book in with Thomas Cooke the same day and asked if they had any premium seats and they gave us two free so that was more saved then we paid for the Hotel,...We are hoping Thomson Holidays are just as obliging as we are doing the same thing this year (10th June)....I will not comment about the food as we did not eat in the Hotel but took the short journey into Manchester and took in a fantastic Chinese meal in the Chinese aria of the city and to top it all won a few hundred pounds in a Casino...once again same again ...Please!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed at the radisson for one night before flying the next morning. Got the hotel and car parking package. Room for 3 people and car parking for up to 15 nights. Good value for money and it was so convenient to get up and stroll into the terminal building.

Check in was quick and easy. Had an amazing view of the airport/runway and watched planes taking off. Room was clean and tidy. Bed was comfy but the pillows were awful. Big fluffy things that flattened to nothing when you put your head on them. Bathroom was nice. Shower didn't have much power but the water was hot so that was fine for me. The food was ridiculously expensive so we didn't eat there. More expensive than the airport which is surprising. Tea and coffee making facilities there but only enough for one cup for one person! Beware of the fridge. Open the fridge and there are drinks galore but not fixed. One bottle fell out when I opened it and it says the drinks are charged immediately to your card if they are remove. Luckily I wasn't as I put it straight back.

Car parking option was a little more expensive than others but the convenience was brilliant. No issues with it either. Dropped car off fine and it was waiting for us there when we returned for it.

Would stay here again and park the car as its so convenient for flying the next day.

• Stayed May 2012
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed here 22nd April for one night before our trip to Florida.

Check in was relatively quick, though I think we confused the receptionist by paying cash!

We had booked a family room for myself, hubby and two small girls-we actually had two rooms with an interconnecting door. However when we arrived in the room the connecting door was still locked, which meant a trip back down 3 floors to ask for the door to be opened. We were told someone would be with us shortly....In the meantime my hubby and I went into the room the children were staying in to settle them in- when we tried to return to our own room, our pass keys didnt work - which meant ANOTHER trip down to Reception so we could get new keys! We finally got in OUR room but my hubby hung around in the corridor until he managed to grab a passing housemaid who kindly opened the connecting door for us..

Our bed was huge, very comfy to sleep on...however the bed is set across the corner of the room, so no headboard to prop yourself up against - so no watching tv sat up in bed!!
The pillows were one of the worst I have had in a hotel...they looked big and full, but as soon as you laid your head on them..pfffft!!! They flattened down to nothing-but fluffed out at the side of you so you felt like you were suffocating in a giant marshmallow! I folded this was and that..in the end I rolled up my jumper and used that as well.

The TV in the children's room didn't work at all. Wasn't such a big deal as we had to be up early anyway.

Bathroom is lovely, very bright and spacious.

We ate in the cafe bar...food was fine.

The rooms were very quiet - I didn't hear a single plane! Had a good nights sleep (apart from the pillow saga)

When we came back for the car after our holiday, we couldnt get out of the car park because the ticket we were given for the car park barrier hadnt been activated...once again hubby had to make the trek to Reception to get the card sorted!

All in all, I would stay here again because of the location and a decent bed..but think I'd take my own pillow!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed two times (one night each time) in this hotel and found it to be very satisfactory. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The second room had some maintenance issues but these were dealt with in a timely manner. The location is perfect - it's right at the airport and an inside walkway leads to all terminals with just a few minutes walk. Food and service at the bar and in the restaurant was good but food and drink is a little pricey. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Switzerland
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Faced with an early start en route to Inverness from Geneva we chose to stay overnight at the Radisson. I've used the hotel a number of times over the last few years and 'it does exactly what it says on the tin '. This is a good quality, business hotel with fair sized, well appointed rooms, with all the usual extras and a few nice touches such as Nespresso coffee machine. We opted for an executive double which included breakfast, minibar. The rooms are themed by floor and the Italian variant is quirky and a pleasant change from the normal shoe box shaped rooms. The biggest plus for the Radisson is that it's linked directly to T1 via a covered walkway,( 7- 10 mins ) with T3 a further 5 mins via a well marked Pedestrian route outside the terminal but again with covered walkways. NB Terminal 2 is not linked to the hotel and needs shuttle bus or Cab.
Check in was smooth and painless and we took the option to join up to the Radisson loyalty scheme which provides a small discount on extras charged to the room . All in all an ideal stop over location ..and certainly better than the other 'on airport' options in terms of Quality and Convenience. It's a little more pricy but in my view you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Each floor has a different theme. Italian is recommended.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Good location and v close to the airport. Check in was apinfully slow and checking out was the same. They couldn't confirm that the room had been paid for so I ended up using the receptionists personal phone to call to hotel booking people. Car parking is good but beware people leave their cars anywhere so you might get blocked in as we did.

Room as ok (Nautical theme) but was tired. Reasonably clean but in need of updating. Air con didnt work and after a few calls to reception they provided a fan. Room was way too hot and unable to cool it down.

Food in hotel was ok and not really much selection. Breakfast was good and plenty of choice.

Health club advertised as open from 6 but still wasn't open at 8.

If I had to stay in the area again I would stay in the Premier Inn.

Raddisson Blu - Could do better!

Room Tip: Ask if the room is on the south side. If its warm ask for a north facing room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Lancashire
Reviewed 28 May 2012

What a perfectly placed hotel, it is just short walk to terminal 2 means you have plenty of time to get there for an early flight.
We arrived early for our 2 o’clock check in and were told we would have to wait and to be honest the reception staff were less than helpful or professional and very much more intrested in the footballer checking in next to us!
We had spa treatments booked so we spoke to the spa and they called up to the hotel reception and asked could we check in earlier due to our treatments and this was magically arranged...strange how we were told that no rooms were ready!.
The room had a great view of the runway, was clean and the bathroom was well kept. Some of the fixtures and fittings in the room were looking a little tired but the beds were comfy and if you are looking for somewhere to save time and be convenient before your flight then this is the hotel for you.
My husband and I had a treatment each in the spa, the treatments were amazing and we had a complimentary glass of champagne. I would highly recommend this if you have the time and the staff in the spa were polite, professional and extremely helpful.
All in all this was a nice stay and I would stay here again when catching an early flight.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple