“Great Airport Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I use this hotel when I fly to the states with work which is every month and I realised that I have never posted a review.
The hotel is a great airport hotel and very convenient if going from terminal 2 as its connected via walkway.
The staff are always very helpful both front desk and bar staff.
Rooms are nice and nespresso machine in business rooms is a nice touch along with a large complimentary bottle of water I have had each time I stayed.
Breakfast is a reasonable buffet plenty of choice.
All in all a great hotel for the

• Stayed May 2012
Ian R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport.Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. I am very delighted to hear from one of our many regular guests and that you have enjoyed your stay with us in your Manchester home. look ing forward to welcoming you back again .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,113)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 4 June 2012

If you can ignore the decor in the rooms, especially on the 9th "Italian" style floor, it is a great value. We stayed the night before an early flight and being able to walk out the door and walk to the terminal was great, although it is about 12 to 15 minute walk to Terminal 2. We had dinner in the casual restaurant, just shared a salad and pizza and some wine, it was just great and not over priced like so many airport eateries. We had breakfast included and that was a great buffet with everything you could want. Just a note about the decor - the most important part being the bed was comfortable, but the plastic surroundings studded with colored marbles around the headboard and mirrors was almost funny, not to mention the round wardrobe, the tiny TV you can only see from the bed, multi colored mosaic tile floor in the entry, someone must have been a great salesman to get that stuff put in, even in the 70's. Overall, it worked well for us.

Room Tip: Maybe check out the decor of rooms on other than the 9th floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
doncaster
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel and I loved it. You can't get a better location, you are connected by walkway to all the terminals and the train station. We stayed as part of a deal for bed, breakfast and evening meal booked through the radisson website. Check in was easy, very quick and met all our needs. Our room was as requested,very clean, could do with a little updating to the tv unit but other than that can't fault it, the beds, pillows and duvet were very comfortable and ensured a good nights sleep. My favorite bit was the view from our room, it looked straight onto the runway, and the amazing thing is the windows are soundproofed that well you can't hear a thing. In the evening we went for a meal at the philias fogg restaurant, the food was very good and to a high standard, the staff were all exeptionally friendly and nothing was too much trouble, drinks were on the expensive side but no more than usual hotel prices. We really enjoyed our stay and would definatly stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here last year the night before flying out to the Caribean and had no complaint whateverl,We asked if we could have a smoking room and no problem whats so ever...It paid off big time as we went to book in with Thomas Cooke the same day and asked if they had any premium seats and they gave us two free so that was more saved then we paid for the Hotel,...We are hoping Thomson Holidays are just as obliging as we are doing the same thing this year (10th June)....I will not comment about the food as we did not eat in the Hotel but took the short journey into Manchester and took in a fantastic Chinese meal in the Chinese aria of the city and to top it all won a few hundred pounds in a Casino...once again same again ...Please!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed at the radisson for one night before flying the next morning. Got the hotel and car parking package. Room for 3 people and car parking for up to 15 nights. Good value for money and it was so convenient to get up and stroll into the terminal building.

Check in was quick and easy. Had an amazing view of the airport/runway and watched planes taking off. Room was clean and tidy. Bed was comfy but the pillows were awful. Big fluffy things that flattened to nothing when you put your head on them. Bathroom was nice. Shower didn't have much power but the water was hot so that was fine for me. The food was ridiculously expensive so we didn't eat there. More expensive than the airport which is surprising. Tea and coffee making facilities there but only enough for one cup for one person! Beware of the fridge. Open the fridge and there are drinks galore but not fixed. One bottle fell out when I opened it and it says the drinks are charged immediately to your card if they are remove. Luckily I wasn't as I put it straight back.

Car parking option was a little more expensive than others but the convenience was brilliant. No issues with it either. Dropped car off fine and it was waiting for us there when we returned for it.

Would stay here again and park the car as its so convenient for flying the next day.

• Stayed May 2012
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed here 22nd April for one night before our trip to Florida.

Check in was relatively quick, though I think we confused the receptionist by paying cash!

We had booked a family room for myself, hubby and two small girls-we actually had two rooms with an interconnecting door. However when we arrived in the room the connecting door was still locked, which meant a trip back down 3 floors to ask for the door to be opened. We were told someone would be with us shortly....In the meantime my hubby and I went into the room the children were staying in to settle them in- when we tried to return to our own room, our pass keys didnt work - which meant ANOTHER trip down to Reception so we could get new keys! We finally got in OUR room but my hubby hung around in the corridor until he managed to grab a passing housemaid who kindly opened the connecting door for us..

Our bed was huge, very comfy to sleep on...however the bed is set across the corner of the room, so no headboard to prop yourself up against - so no watching tv sat up in bed!!
The pillows were one of the worst I have had in a hotel...they looked big and full, but as soon as you laid your head on them..pfffft!!! They flattened down to nothing-but fluffed out at the side of you so you felt like you were suffocating in a giant marshmallow! I folded this was and that..in the end I rolled up my jumper and used that as well.

The TV in the children's room didn't work at all. Wasn't such a big deal as we had to be up early anyway.

Bathroom is lovely, very bright and spacious.

We ate in the cafe bar...food was fine.

The rooms were very quiet - I didn't hear a single plane! Had a good nights sleep (apart from the pillow saga)

When we came back for the car after our holiday, we couldnt get out of the car park because the ticket we were given for the car park barrier hadnt been activated...once again hubby had to make the trek to Reception to get the card sorted!

All in all, I would stay here again because of the location and a decent bed..but think I'd take my own pillow!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed two times (one night each time) in this hotel and found it to be very satisfactory. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The second room had some maintenance issues but these were dealt with in a timely manner. The location is perfect - it's right at the airport and an inside walkway leads to all terminals with just a few minutes walk. Food and service at the bar and in the restaurant was good but food and drink is a little pricey. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends